AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a duplicate of a topic already covered. For expediency I am posting, but will immediately start researching through the forum for an answer, too.

I have an LG BD590, a TV One 1 in/8 out Cat5 transmitter and 5 Cat5 receivers to room displays of various models, all with HDMI input.

Will the LG BD590 require 1 key, 5 keys or 6 keys to work?

Thanks in advance for info!

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_dilemma /forum/post/19646009

Sorry if this is a duplicate of a topic already covered. For expediency I am posting, but will immediately start researching through the forum for an answer, too.

I have an LG BD590, a TV One 1 in/8 out Cat5 transmitter and 5 Cat5 receivers to room displays of various models, all with HDMI input.

Will the LG BD590 require 1 key, 5 keys or 6 keys to work?

Thanks in advance for info!

That's a good question. The LG doesn't "know" that you have multiple displays. It only knows it is talking to your transmitter. The transmitter will then get its information from one or more of the TVs. So, if I understand the spec correctly, you will get the lowest common denominator of *all* of the TV's capabilities. In other words, if all of the TVs handle surround except one which is stereo, then you'll get stereo on all TVs.

In terms of keys, if all of the elements have HDCP, then it shouldn't matter.

If you want more information on the way TV options are being sent back and forth over HDMI, look-up "EDID". There are a number of matrix switchers that allow the user to store an EDID to force particular options to be available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts