AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people here use for a comfertable keyboard/mouse setup? Especially gamers.

I have the mouse and keyboard on the coffee table, but that is too low for playing for any longer then 10 mins. I could put it on my lap on the couch, but that is not very stable for gaming.

Has anyone built or bought something that makes HTPCing in the family room more "desk like"? I know that a lot of you have the gyration or airboard, but what about those with a standard wireless mouse and keyboard that is good for gaming?

·
Registered
309 Posts
The Logitech MX700 is an excellent gaming mouse. I use the couch, or my leg, or I'll put a small mouse pad on the couch to my right and I have a generic keyboard with an extension run under the carpet, on my left. This setup works great for FPS and others.

peace out-

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same delima...I just got my Lapboard from lapform.com. It's a keyboard mouse surface that sits in your lap. Anyway, it sucks. It's made of cheap lightweight plastic and the 'pads' are stickers with texture (they were already peeling off when I open the box). The surface for the keyboard and mouse are too small for my logitech keyboard and mouse. I guess my expectations shouldn't have been that high for a $30 product. I might try modifying it a bit to see if I can improve on it.

Anyway, still in search of a comfortable solution for those of us who game and surf from the couch...Ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.