AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I am not violating the AVSForum rules by mentioning this, but I think there is no competition to this piece of HW and it is unique in idea.

I often switch to internet on the projector, and surf using a wireless keyb with mouse function for the thumbs. But when typing it has often bothered me that I cannot see the keys. Then these guys came up with a keyb with light in the keys. Unfortunately it has no mouse, and does not come wireless. Anybody ever heard of something similar with wireless and mouse on the keyb??

The company is:
http://www.auravisionllc.com

·
Registered
840 Posts
Take a close look at the keyboard layout on that baby. It's hard enough to type in the dark without having the keys in different places.

Sheesh...you would think that they could follow the same layout that every other manufacturer uses...but no...they came up with their own layout....brilliant....just flippin brilliant.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi,

If you're using WinXP (maybe other Windows has it too), just type osk in a command prompt and you will have a lighting keyboard! In fact I'm typing this message using osk!

Seriously, osk is perfect when you just need to press "enter" or "esc". Someday maybe someone will add these common keys on a mouse...

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Why not attaching one of those book lights to your keyboard then you won't be using any additional power from your wireless keyboard.

They are small, light and cheap!

·
Registered
118 Posts
No thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I recently saw an imitation to this for around $60. Forget exactly where but I think there are other manufacturers of back lit keyboards. I am looking to pick up one of these Eluminix keyboards. I was a little confused about the color of the backlight though. Can anyone comment on the Aqua Marine vs. the Sapphire.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I attached a booklight to mine. Had to rewire the battery holder to attach it in a way that I could live with, but it was the best solution I could come up with.

·
Registered
897 Posts
hey that OSK thing is cool! i never knew that existed! learn something new every day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.