AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grand Wega advertised for $3300 in socal this weekend. Is this price something to jump on ? Also finally saw the philips 55" cineos lcos on display at goodguys . Analogue picture appeared better improved with "pixel plus" on phillips than "drc" on Wega. No samsung there to compare. Any opinions on lcd, lcos, and dlp rear projection and analogue picture quality ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The new Sony RP LCDs are due in next week or so, maybe they are trying to purge the old inventory?

Seems to be the same price as the new Sony LCDs, maybe it's better to wait and see if they've been improved over the GWIIs..

mdk2

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not meaning to brag here, just advise... I paid under 3.3K for my KF-50XBR800 at GG in late July. Let them know what you can get this set for on the 'net but tell them you'd rather buy local.

You probably could negotiate a lower price than what's posted. If you want this set, tell them the new 50" model is due out within weeks and it will sell for considerably less at Yahoo shopping ( Google search ). This will have a greater chance of working if you intend to buy other items at the same time -- also at discounted prices, of course.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I saw the cineos at GG today also.......I was not impressed.....

I do like the GW2 and saw that for 3300, but alas it was an open box.....

Definately wait for the GW3 to hit and maybe the GW2 can be had even lower or maybe you'll like the 3rd better.......

I'm not impressed by LCOS, LCD or DLP, but I do feel the GW2 is the best in that class......Altho the Hitachi looks real nice when OFF and real BRIGHT when on, however not impressive in PQ.......

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
I'm not impressed by LCOS, LCD or DLP, but I do feel the GW2 is the best in that class......Altho the Hitachi looks real nice when OFF and real BRIGHT when on, however not impressive in PQ.......
Keep on searching for the holy grail. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ein
Keep on searching for the holy grail. :)
Unfortunately that is my biggest problem......Nothing ever seems just right, but rather more acceptable/less side effects.......

I am certainly not bashing any TV......God knows I could find something wrong with any set......I just do not feel that any TV lives up to the HYPE.....Or the price tag.......If YOU had the Hit LCD I would go over and love your TV, I would see no faults, but if I own it I expect perfection......

EXAMPLE: You could have a hair out of place and I wouldn't think anything is wrong or I may not notice, but if I have a hair out of place then that hair becomes " the root of all evil"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.