AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader, first time poster.

The other day my wife brought up the idea that it might be time to upgrade our speakers

I jumped all over that idea, which is now turning directions and I could use some help deciding the order of which to get first. Right now Im running:

Outlaw 1050 -

fronts - klipsch kg4

Center - Dcm

Sub - Vtf 2

Surrounds - Klipsch quintet 2's

Jvc Hd-ila 61 in.

I ordered a oppo DV-970HD last night to start the ball rolling.

I'm looking at the receiver next - looking at rx-v2700 and the Pio vsx-84txsi

My main question is - are the KG4's so outdated they should be replaced? My wife would like something small and hidden if so. Im not sure that I can get a small speaker that sounds better then the klipsch. I know the center needs to go, but I will replace it if/when I replace my KG4's.

Any ideas and help you can cast my way are much appreciated as Im outdated on my A/V equipment.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey TX,

The KG4 is great speaker and I would not get rid of them. Either relegate them to a second system in the house or see if you can't audition some others at home to compare them against. Just because they are older does not mean they don't stand up to many of todays speakers. If you like the Klipsch sound as I do then take a listen to the new RF line. I happen to own La Scala's and love them, especially with the crossover mods I've done. I would also cruise over to the Klipsch forum for some great insight. www.klipsch.com and click on forum on the top left of the page.

scooter

·
Registered
828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxScott /forum/post/0

Long time reader, first time poster.

The other day my wife brought up the idea that it might be time to upgrade our speakers

I jumped all over that idea, which is now turning directions and I could use some help deciding the order of which to get first. Right now Im running:

Outlaw 1050 -

fronts - klipsch kg4

Center - Dcm

Sub - Vtf 2

Surrounds - Klipsch quintet 2's

Jvc Hd-ila 61 in.

I ordered a oppo DV-970HD last night to start the ball rolling.

I'm looking at the receiver next - looking at rx-v2700 and the Pio vsx-84txsi

My main question is - are the KG4's so outdated they should be replaced? My wife would like something small and hidden if so. Im not sure that I can get a small speaker that sounds better then the klipsch. I know the center needs to go, but I will replace it if/when I replace my KG4's.

Any ideas and help you can cast my way are much appreciated as Im outdated on my A/V equipment.

Thanks

Scott

Is the need to update a matter of going with speakers that are more space efficient? If this is the case, Klipsch does have the Quintets, and RSX/RCX series. But you would need to count on a sub to make it work properly, such as the smaller RW-10d.

I'd keep the KG4 s, though...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok so here's my idea:

KG4.2 fronts

KG1.2 rears

KV2 center- have but will sell

KV3 center- yet to purchase

RS-42 surrounds - yet to purchase

JL Fathom 113 -yet to purchase

Yamaha RXV2700-yet to purchase

How do you feel about this set up in a 16x22x9 room 100 inch screen?

I'm tring to get that 75k theatre sound/feel with out spending anywhere near that!

·
Registered
94 Posts
kv3 just blew - what should i replace it with

KG4.2 fronts

KG1.2 rears

KV3 center

RS-42 surrounds

JL Fathom 113

yamaha rx-v3800

·
Registered
865 Posts
Did you find a replacement for your KV3? I see them frequently on ebay. Klipsch has a parts list for replacement parts. If you know the problem, it may be better to replace the defective unit. Over the years I've purchased replacement parts for my Kg4s---just in case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.