AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference, besides the newer versions (both 1 and 2) being 1.85:1 while the older versions werre 2.40:1?

Which release is the one to get and why?

·
Registered
455 Posts
They're exactly the same. Only the disc art and packaging were changed, to add Lionsgate logos. I don't know where you saw that the new versions are 1.85:1, but they're 2.39:1. 1.85:1 would be a disaster for these movies, since (like all Tarantino films) they were shot in 'Scope.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Average /forum/post/20892131

They're exactly the same. Only the disc art and packaging were changed, to add Lionsgate logos. I don't know where you saw that the new versions are 1.85:1, but they're 2.39:1. 1.85:1 would be a disaster for these movies, since (like all Tarantino films) they were shot in 'Scope.

OT. Jackie Brown is 1.85:1 OAR though.

·
Premium Member
26,432 Posts
Since both are the same and the OAR is preserved in all the Kill Bill releases I'm going to close this thread.

Since both releases have the exact same transfers, extras etc etc=same content, it's not necessary to have a separate thread to discuss the differences in cover art. But, we can take that discussion to the original thread the Kill Bill titles if you would like to discuss the changes in cover art.

Update: I was at Best Buy today and the specs on the back of the blu ray confirm they are in OAR.Please don't use Amazon as a source for specs, they are not an accurate indicator of the actual specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.