1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
Looks like another low budget Canadian show.

·
Registered
18,947 Posts
Space bounty hunters. What's not to like? I'm in.

Here's the official trailer.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
I suppose another Syfy show that will run 3 episodes on Hulu+ and then require a "provider login" for the rest. I wonder what they're thinking? It's like they think that cable cutters are going to sign back up for TV just to get one show? Of course you can "own" the episode by buying them on Amazon, VUDU and iTunes etc at about 3 times the price they're worth or you could pay for a rental window.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
For those who think Dark Matter is BAD....
Ha!
This series makes it look like the greatest sci-fi ever.
40 minutes and I was looking for the door...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I hope the lead actress will shave her armpits for future episodes. She raised her arm in one scene and I though some sort of hairy spider was attacking her armpit.

·
Registered
27,696 Posts
After slogging through one (and only one) ep of 'Dark Matter', I decided to just punt this one. If I want to watch a bunch of folks skating around the law in order to make it in a rocket propelled world, I'll pull out my BD's of 'Firefly'.

Life is too short for weak, derivative sci-fi.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
After slogging through one (and only one) ep of 'Dark Matter', I decided to just punt this one. If I want to watch a bunch of folks skating around the law in order to make it in a rocket propelled world, I'll pull out my BD's of 'Firefly'.
I haven't watched the 2nd ep. of DM yet.
It's gotta improve or, like Killjoys, it gets booted off my DVR.

Life is too short for weak, derivative sci-fi.
I can handle "derivative" sci-fi....IF it is not "weak.";)

You got me wondering here...what is the 10 most original sci-fis ever?

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I gave it 10 - 15 minutes and I'm out too. SyFy is two for two with me for crap shows. If I had Ala-Cart programming I would never pay for the crap SyFy has been putting on. Used to watch a good deal of their programming, not any more.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I like this show. I like the chick. I like it much better than dark matter who I will only give 1 more ep before I chuck it from the dvr.
I thought it was pretty good for what it is trying to be. It's bubble gum, but it's supposed to be, IMO. Whereas Dark Matter is trying to be a more serious drama and not quite cutting it on the writing.

Reactions: 73shark

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This is airing on CTV today (Saturday) at 10pm, which surprised me, usually Canadians have to went months to see their own productions OTA. The good stuff anyway.

Odd that the posters I saw around town only mentioned the Space channel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Surprised by the negative reactions. I enjoyed Killjoys (and Dark Matter). Very entertaining. Plus, the picture quality Friday night via DirecTV was some of the best in recent memory.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Surprised by the negative reactions. I enjoyed Killjoys (and Dark Matter). Very entertaining. Plus, the picture quality Friday night via DirecTV was some of the best in recent memory.
FWIW, I took no joy in killing this show.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Repeatedly showing another character's POV on-camera to be Hannah John-Kamen's excellent derriere is still not enough to make this show a "must watch"...! :cool:

_

·
Registered
18,947 Posts
It wasn't that bad.

Reactions: GoCaboNow

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
These Canadian shows do spread the talent around. Rob Stewart, the actor playing the father of killing machine daughter, died the same night in episode 2 of Dark Matter. In with the new, out with the old.

·
Registered
18,947 Posts
Yeah, Rob Stewart will forever be known as Roan to me. He and Percy were the best.

Reactions: Zookster

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
1 - 20 of 181 Posts