5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline /forum/post/15499593

You have now way of knowing that

I know FEAR 2 looks lame...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
FEAR was certainly better thsn Killzone for what its worth.

A VERY valuable lesson Valve has shown recently is that graphics are not important for a shooter. L4D looks like heck but its an amazing game.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline /forum/post/15499593

You have now way of knowing that

If you know he has no way of knowing that--why are you asking the frikkin question to begin with?

No one here has played both. No site has even reviewed both.

What are we supposed to base it on? The color of the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/15499831

A VERY valuable lesson Valve has shown recently is that graphics are not important for a shooter. L4D looks like heck but its an amazing game.

And? What's your point?

Die Hard 4 was better than the 1st Star Wars prequel, too.

Past performance does not guarantee future success. It doesn't just apply to stocks.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/15500564

And? What's your point?

Die Hard 4 was better than the 1st Star Wars prequel, too.

Past performance does not guarantee future success. It doesn't just apply to stocks.

Certainly not. But when dealing with games its often a solid indicator.

The anticipation many people have for Uncharted 2 is certainly due to Uncharted beinga good game just as the fact that the last Sonic game was junk leaves few with anticipation for its sequel.

Arguably the three titles most looked forward to for PS3 owners would be FF13, God of War 3 and GT5. My point is good games often lead to good sequels so the quality of past titles is worth looking at.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline /forum/post/15494887

Which one and why

heres some vids from fear 2

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/357...in_Part_1.html

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/357...in_Part_2.html

killzone2 multiplayer

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h...tiplayer-trail

All I know is, every preview for Killzone 2 (besides 1up) says that it's amazing, it has a lot of hype, had a huge budget, looks great, and everyone that was in the online beta that I've talked to says it plays awesome.

Fear 2. I know absolutely nothing about it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Killzone sucked, I know other people disagree but I thought it absolutely sucked. Although I'm pretty hyped for Killzone 2 now I'm still quite wary based off the simple fact that the developer has never made a good game.

F.E.A.R. on the other hand was fantastic. Again a lot of people disagree but most people played it on the consoles and the console ports weren't that great. The 360 version was a little off and the PS3 version was flat out botched in just about every manner possible. It's piss poor expansions that the original developer did not work on and refuses to acknowledge have also given the game a bad rep. Anyway my point is the first one was great on the PC and with the original developer making F.E.A.R. 2 and doing the console versions I have high expectations for it.

I guess to sum up my feelings it's this: Killzone 2 is either going to be a revolution in shooters and one of the PS3s best games OR it's going to suck and be a total bomb. F.E.A.R. 2 on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed to be a great game but probably won't be as good as Killzone 2 IF Killzone 2 is the former of my predictions and not the latter. Again these are strictly my musings and nothing more.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well they both come out in February, so wait for the reviews, hands on, etc.

My pick is Killzone 2.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Killzone 2 simply for the fact that I bought the first FEAR and played it for appoximately 1 hr and never touched it again

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Killzone 2, far better animations and physics, more impressed reviewers/previewers, better multiplayer. Fear 2 looks pretty similar to the original, the engine hasn't evolved much.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll try both

....but once again monolith is dropping another fear round the same time a heavily anticipation game is coming out!

think they may have timimg issues

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/15499831

whoa there! L4D looks great on my PC! Are you playing in on the 360? And yes, L4D is probably the best shooter of the year IMO.

Watching Qore today, I really liked what I saw with FEAR2. Very fast-paced action, mechs, somewhat scary, and bullitt time. The death animations/ragdoll effects looked horrible though. How, after a headshot, does a enemy keep is head yet lose half is torso? Oh wait, i just shot his leg....leg still there, torso gone again. hmmmm. Maybe I'm used to KZ2's "infinite" death animations but it needs some work.

After seeing countless KZ2 videos, I can't really say anything bad about it other than the pacing is significantly slower but many will tell you that's a good thing.

So my answer to the OP is:

Play the FEAR2 demo available next week and if you like it, work some f'n overtime and buy both. (KZ2 is an automatic must buy).

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
KZ2 is going to crush F2 is every possible way, both SP and MP. F.E.A.R. was a very over-rated FPS, from the Qore footage the sequel looks like more of the same.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/15508469

KZ2 is going to crush F2 is every possible way, both SP and MP. F.E.A.R. was a very over-rated FPS, from the Qore footage the squeal looks like more of the same.

The squeal looks like more of the same???? It took me a minute to realize you meant sequel.
At first I thought "What does a pig sound have to do with it?"

Any how, back to the question of K2 or Fear 2 - KILLZONE 2.

JD

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Oink oink!!

I'd put $20 that KZ2 will average 10%+ more than FEAR2 at gamreranking after the dust has settled.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts