1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any software like this
http://www.touchuserinterface.com/20...windows-7.html

that is available for use on a HTPC.

I'm thinking this is going to be a feature (perhaps in win8??) that will turn any system into a virtual multi-touch controllable system.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsurgeon /forum/post/19523163

Has anyone seen any software like this
http://www.touchuserinterface.com/20...windows-7.html

that is available for use on a HTPC.

I'm thinking this is going to be a feature (perhaps in win8??) that will turn any system into a virtual multi-touch controllable system.

Hmmm that would be kind of useful I guess

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has the appeal of no remote to lose, hand gestures to control your htpc from (hopefully) anywhere in the room.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevenz
great idea, maybe once the kinect drop in price..
it's already cheaper than a Logitech Harmony One.

Relatively speaking, it seems like an incredibly low price for the amount of tech.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
"The device is made up of two Wavi boxes and a Xtion camera which fit on the top of your TV".

Really? These will fit on the top of my 2 1/2" thin TV?

Does any one actually put STBs on top of the S?

·
Registered
922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by video321 /forum/post/19528905

Sounds good in theory...until you have to remind guests to sit still and not move their hands while watching a movie

I know (I think!) that this is a joke, but just in case anyone is confused... this is not a problem with the Kinect. The tech works pretty darn well (I have one for my Xbox), and some of the hack videos out there are pretty awesome.

Personally, I can't wait until I can hook a Kinect up to my MythTV box and ditch the remote.

·
Registered
344 Posts
At CES, Ballmer announced that Netflix and Hulu Plus on XBOX360 will be controlled using hand gestures via Kinect. Refer to his keynote speech.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian /forum/post/19778500

Asus is coming up with a kinect kind of a gadget for HTPC's.

They announced it today at CES.

Thanks for the link, I think either Kinect or asus in the near future for me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho /forum/post/19779204

I know (I think!) that this is a joke, but just in case anyone is confused... this is not a problem with the Kinect. The tech works pretty darn well (I have one for my Xbox), and some of the hack videos out there are pretty awesome.

Personally, I can't wait until I can hook a Kinect up to my MythTV box and ditch the remote.

Yes and no.

I mean how would the system know to ignore someone else if they say stretched during a move? Is it calibrated for a single spot? I obviously don't have one, but maybe I'll stop by someone's house that does.

Is this really cool technology...h3ll yea! But I'm sure I could work faster and more efficiently with my remote...even touch screen at that. Plus, I would hate to keep my hands up and moving when I'm trying to be lazy on the couch scrolling through all my media.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts