AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna buy the new 360 slim with kinect next week on black friday and want an extra game to go with it. I know it already comes with kinect adventures but was thinking about getting Kinect sports or Deca sports for the kinect.

I played the boxing on kinect sports over at bestbuy today and enjoyed it.

But when I look at the game selection on decca sports it makes me want to pick it up more than kinect sports.

any recomendations from players who own or have played both games ?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
reading reviews kinect sports looks much better than decca

·
Registered
682 Posts
Deca sports is shovelware of the worst kind from everything I've seen and judging from the Wii versions.

Kinect Sports is highly polished and highly playable. It's gotten the majority of the Kinect playtime here

I would recommend that you stay far away from Deca Sports Freedom.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another part of me is telling me to pass on the kinect at the moment since it only receives 640 x 480 resolution. And I bet Microsoft will release one that receives 1920 x 1080 sometime next year.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/19506602

Another part of me is telling me to pass on the kinect at the moment since it only receives 640 x 480 resolution. And I bet Microsoft will release one that receives 1920 x 1080 sometime next year.

If they wanted to release that the would have it ready today after 10 years or researching this product. They didn't just release a product just to turn around and tell consumers to buy another product because it has a higher resolution. The resolution is no different than the PS EYE and not sure what benefit you think it will bring other than better pictures and video after each game session.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
the resolution of the camera has nothing to do with what the sensor does... the magic is in the IR camera, IR projector, and processing.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
but it would still be nice for the camera to be able to take photos that arent grainy and blurry. They should have used a wider angle lens too. Eh, its all good, still lovin it.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
i don't think there are any reviews of deca yet. the only saving grace is some unique events. but so far, most of the demos don't look very good (and that's being nice). the boxing was panned. the paintball event is infamous.

it's too early to tell if deca is DOA. but it appears so.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/19506808

but it would still be nice for the camera to be able to take photos that arent grainy and blurry.

Somebody somewhere said at sometime ...
... that you need more light in your play-space if the pictures are grainy. The IR stuff that does all the work doesn't need it, but the regular camera part does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts