AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
man... i would have been excited... except watching the HD-dvd version makes me not care...

·
Registered
944 Posts
The original King Kong was on Voom Monster HD in original aspect: 4x3

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdish /forum/post/0

Was the original episode of Stars Wars on Cinemax? I dont see it on HBO in Feb.

John

Yes you are correct. It does not show up in the guide for HBO so I guess this may be a mistake. In my Directv Tivo guide it shows as 1977 Star Wars but in their guide they are showing it as Episode IV. They also show in their on line guide at:

http://www.hbo.com/guidepdf/

Stars Wars II, III, IV and V - the Empire Strikes Back.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
According to the pdf guide Ep V: ESB is on immediately after Ep IV, at least on Feb. 9th (didnt search passed that).

·
Registered
554 Posts
The PST schedule shows "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope" at 2:30 pm, followed by "Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back" at 4:45 pm. Since this is basically HBO-W and for me HBO-HD is the same as HBO-E, all HD showings for west coast D* subs will be at 11:30 am and 1:45 pm respectively.

And on my B-Day which happens to fall on a friday this year. Excellent. Glad I get the day off.

God forbid they show ROTJ in the next obvious time slot occupied by a Star Wars movie.

This looks like the guide I used to get with my cable bill, back when I had cable and there was only one HBO. Now I only see them in motel rooms.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I'm really torn about King Kong. It's one of those movies that just begs to be seen only under prime conditions (high definition and very preferably, OAR). I've only seen it twice (in the theater) so far. It's unlikely I'll have HDDVD or BR any time soon though. It's times like these that I really hate HBO's "fill the screen" policy.

ron

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yeah I was surfing if there are any major movies in HBO-HD then King Kong caught my eyes

and hit the record button faster than a rabbit gets.....

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey /forum/post/0

first instance of ROTJ in HD on hbo will be March 6th, at 11am and 6:30p ET, according to the schedule on HBO's site

I was getting worried when the February schedule came out because ROTJ was the only one of the six films not listed as airing on HBO-HD. Still not sure why it's pushed back 'til March when the others are all on in Feb, but better late than never I guess.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 /forum/post/0

I'm really torn about King Kong. It's one of those movies that just begs to be seen only under prime conditions (high definition and very preferably, OAR). I've only seen it twice (in the theater) so far. It's unlikely I'll have HDDVD or BR any time soon though. It's times like these that I really hate HBO's "fill the screen" policy.

ron

As far as I know Ep1 and Ep3 (and possibly Ep2 but I cant remember) were shown in OAR on HBOHD.....Hopefully they follow suit with 4-6.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.