AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when (if?) the original King Kong (with Fay Wray, etc) will be released on dvd?? It's one of my all time favorites.

Thanks.

htomei

·
Registered
30,115 Posts
Warner Bros. has the rights and are said to be working on a full-blown restoration, but it won't be out this year.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
From Digital Bits :

1/29/03

This hasn't been announced, but it comes directly from authorized studio sources, so you can consider it official. We've been told by Warner that their upcoming special edition release of King Kong will NOT be released in 2003. The studio very much wanted to make it happen this year, given that it's the film's 70th anniversary, but their greater concern is to make sure that the film is presented in the highest possible quality on DVD. Apparently, the process of fully restoring and remastering the film has been very time consuming and the studio wants to make sure it's done properly. If all goes well, look for Kong in 2004.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Marissadad
From Digital Bits :

If all goes well, look for Kong in 2004.
Thanks for the info. Nice that they're working on it, but the suggestion that it might not even be ready next year is more than a bit disappointing......

htomei

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It's nice to see they are taking their time to do it right and not just rush it out to meet a time deadline. How many companies can make that statement in this day & age?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you can't wait it was released in Region 2 in Japan and there was a UK release as well.

Persoanlly I'm waiting for the US release, but I may pick up the Japanese release of Son of Kong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.