AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a very good looking disc from First Look Studios. Both PQ and AQ were excellent much like their first HD DVD, The Contract. The movie was also interesting and entertaining. One interesting thing was that dts output on this disc was reported as dts HD HR by my XA2 bitstreaming to Denon 3808.

I am very much hoping that First Look also put Paris, je t'aime out on HD DVD or Blu-ray soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree, very nice looking and sounding disc. Michael Douglas did a great job. What's not to like about a story of looking for gold doubloons under Cosco?

·
Registered
589 Posts
worth a purchase? I would have overlooked it but for some reason I keep thinking that Micheal Douglas would just be perfect for a role like this.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman /forum/post/12977493

This was a very good looking disc from First Look Studios. Both PQ and AQ were excellent much like their first HD DVD, The Contract. The movie was also interesting and entertaining. One interesting thing was that dts output on this disc was reported as dts HD HR by my XA2 bitstreaming to Denon 3808.

I am very much hoping that First Look also put Paris, je t'aime out on HD DVD or Blu-ray soon.

I want "Fist of the NorthStar" from First Look Studios!

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Another TWO THUMBS UP for King of California!! Not only a great looking disc, but a VERY entertaining movie! I loved it!

BTW, my local Fry's has it on sale for $19.99 until Tuesday. Same price as Amazon.

And, of course, I purchased the HD DVD version! Gotta support the red side first!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts