AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any problems with Kingdom of Heaven skipping while playing on a PS3? It skipped first where Orlando Bloom was practicing fighting with his dad after he killed the priest. The second time was during the final battle for Jerusalem. Do I have a bad disc, or has there been any reported problems before? I haven't had any other issues with a BRD, I've played probably 12without issues. I have it hooked up via HDMI directly to my Hitachi plasma. Thanks

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I watched KOH on my 60 GB PS3 today and didn't encounter with any skipping issues. Sounds like a bad disc.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Have you cleaned the disc to make sure it doesn't have a big fingerprint on it?

I've never had any problem with KoH on my PS3.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it out and cleaned it,then put it back in and skipped in the same general area. Not the same exact spot. I had just watched 2 movies before it, but I don't think that should have any effect on it. It's well ventilated in an open rack.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Dont sweat it your not missing much with that movie anyway........Sounds like a bad BD bring it back for a replacement..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Watched this title on my 20gb unit a couple of times and never had one problem. Exchange your disc and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Worked and looked great on my PS3 just this weekend. One of my favorite movies. At over three hours though, I tend to do it in two viewings.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, unfortunately I bought it off eBay, so trying to do a swap is likely to be nearly impossible. Guess I should stay away from eBay.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlade /forum/post/13014936

Thanks guys, unfortunately I bought it off eBay, so trying to do a swap is likely to be nearly impossible. Guess I should stay away from eBay.

You are right to stay away from E-Bay. Why do you think it was sold? Because it skipped on the previous owner too.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Watched it again on Thursday night. Great movie. No skips. 60GB PS3 (well 160GB now...)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
20 gig here and no problems. It's been viewed more than once.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Likewise, no problem on my 20Gb PS3. I've watched it a couple of times including with the newest firmware without a hitch.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby /forum/post/13020443

You are right to stay away from E-Bay. Why do you think it was sold? Because it skipped on the previous owner too.

I sell used BD's and HD-DVD's on e-bay - mostly because they were impulse buys. Some dealers are NOT selling defective merchandise

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ballentine /forum/post/13023003

I sell used BD's and HD-DVD's on e-bay - mostly because they were impulse buys. Some dealers are NOT selling defective merchandise

It was still sealed, so I know it didn't skip on the guy. So far I'd had really good luck with BRD, much more so than HD-DVD as I've had to swap out about 4 movies so far. I'll have to give it another go just in case. Then off to plan B...which there is no plan B at the moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts