AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.areadvd.de/news/2008/2008...lt_HDDVD.shtml

Translated using Google translator.

While Constantin Film and senator for the future nor the Blu-ray Disc want to support, keeps cinema world are still on both HD formats. Upon request press officer told Stephanie Fromm box: "World Cinema Home Entertainment is the announced HD-DVDs bring out as planned. A decision on whether future high-definition titles may only be in a format yet to be published, is only at a later date. "

Kinowelt had only a few days, the Terminator 2 Ultimate HD DVD edition announced, according to the information available so far costliest release on HD DVD will be likely. Cinema World sells in Germany next Terminator 2 contains several other titles from the French Studio Canal, which previously only offered on HD DVD. Films from their own World Cinema program, however, both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. Thus, for example, SAW at 08.02. And the thriller The foreboding with Sandra Bullock at 20.03. Parallel on Blu-ray and HD DVD disc will be published.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So basically they'll release the previously announced titles on both formats, then make a decision about whether or not to go exclusive later?

Do we really need to flood the forums with "business as usual, until it's not" threads?

·
Registered
664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel /forum/post/12853859

Ummm, there is already such an edition in some country of Europe, I don't remember which. It's MPEG2, however.

The French version is VC1, as is I believe the UK version. The domestic version is released by Lionsgate on Blu-Ray and uses MPEG2. I think Xylon or someone has posted comparison screenshots.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcity73 /forum/post/12853733

That's no surprise as Kinowelt is now owned by Canal Plus, which itsself belongs to the Vivendi group. As we know Vivendi also owns Universal.

Last I heard, Vivendi sold off all but 20% of their stake in Universal a while back, so I don't think this is accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivendi

GE is now the primary shareholder in NBC Universal, not Vivendi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.