AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.areadvd.de/news/2008/2008...lt_HDDVD.shtml

Translated using Google translator.

While Constantin Film and senator for the future nor the Blu-ray Disc want to support, keeps cinema world are still on both HD formats. Upon request press officer told Stephanie Fromm box: "World Cinema Home Entertainment is the announced HD-DVDs bring out as planned. A decision on whether future high-definition titles may only be in a format yet to be published, is only at a later date. "

Kinowelt had only a few days, the Terminator 2 Ultimate HD DVD edition announced, according to the information available so far costliest release on HD DVD will be likely. Cinema World sells in Germany next Terminator 2 contains several other titles from the French Studio Canal, which previously only offered on HD DVD. Films from their own World Cinema program, however, both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. Thus, for example, SAW at 08.02. And the thriller The foreboding with Sandra Bullock at 20.03. Parallel on Blu-ray and HD DVD disc will be published.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's no surprise as Kinowelt is now owned by Canal Plus, which itsself belongs to the Vivendi group. As we know Vivendi also owns Universal.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostHiDef /forum/post/12853385

I can't wait for Terminator 2 Ultimate HD DVD edition.

Ummm, there is already such an edition in some country of Europe, I don't remember which. It's MPEG2, however.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So basically they'll release the previously announced titles on both formats, then make a decision about whether or not to go exclusive later?

Do we really need to flood the forums with "business as usual, until it's not" threads?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel /forum/post/12853859

Ummm, there is already such an edition in some country of Europe, I don't remember which. It's MPEG2, however.

There's a new release in the pipelines

·
Registered
7,935 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcity73 /forum/post/12853733

That's no surprise as Kinowelt is now owned by Canal Plus, which itsself belongs to the Vivendi group. As we know Vivendi also owns Universal.

They also own Universal Music Group which is in the Blu-ray camp.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel /forum/post/12853859

The French version is VC1, as is I believe the UK version. The domestic version is released by Lionsgate on Blu-Ray and uses MPEG2. I think Xylon or someone has posted comparison screenshots.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcity73 /forum/post/12853733

Last I heard, Vivendi sold off all but 20% of their stake in Universal a while back, so I don't think this is accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivendi

GE is now the primary shareholder in NBC Universal, not Vivendi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts