AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has compared the KLH Kendall with the Chane A5.5. I understand the KLH is more expensive but am curious if the price is justified?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
From @gajCA’s experience with the bookshelves, I would say the price is not justified and would therefore recommend the Chanes.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Wondering if anyone has compared the KLH Kendall with the Chane A5.5. I understand the KLH is more expensive but am curious if the price is justified?
I really thought the KLH Albany was THE pair of speakers for my friends.

Ordered them, got them here for them to audition vs my Martin Logan LX16s as I had done previously with some Q Acoustic Concept 20s.

The Concept 20s were marvelous, I only preferred the LX16s by the tiniest of margins for classical, jazz, vocal and acoustic.

I would have been happy with either pair and enjoy the Concept 20s whenever I hear them at my friend's house.

The KLH Albany's which share the same tweeter with the Kendall and others was simply awful.

I was stunned to be honest.

Flat, muddled, lacking any detail or insight.

Back they went.

Very nice looking though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really thought the KLH Albany was THE pair of speakers for my friends.

Ordered them, got them here for them to audition vs my Martin Logan LX16s as I had done previously with some Q Acoustic Concept 20s.

The Concept 20s were marvelous, I only preferred the LX16s by the tiniest of margins for classical, jazz, vocal and acoustic.

I would have been happy with either pair and enjoy the Concept 20s whenever I hear them at my friend's house.

The KLH Albany's which share the same tweeter with the Kendall and others was simply awful.

I was stunned to be honest.

Flat, muddled, lacking any detail or insight.

Back they went.

Very nice looking though.
Thank you for the input. Your post surely makes me wonder of the Kendalls are worth it

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I personally can't figure out Chane. They just seen weird to me, not on the up and up and kinda scam ish. Website is extremely poor and I hear too many strange things about them. I would go with proven manufacturers myself like Ascend Acoustics or Emotiva even. They are both direct to consumers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I personally can't figure out Chane. They just seen weird to me, not on the up and up and kinda scam ish. Website is extremely poor and I hear too many strange things about them. I would go with proven manufacturers myself like Ascend Acoustics or Emotiva even. They are both direct to consumers.

I just think Chane must have a cash flow problem, poor inventory control or both.

Their speakers are the subject of quite a bit of enthusiasm by AVS members who've heard them or own them.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I just think Chane must have a cash flow problem, poor inventory control or both.

Their speakers are the subject of quite a bit of enthusiasm by AVS members who've heard them or own them.
I hear ya but they make me nervous. I don't think I'd but anything from them when there are so many good, stable speaker manufacturers out there. That's just me though. I'm sure plenty are fine with it.

·
Registered
899 Posts

I'm not a Chane owner as I'm out of the US, but I was very intrigued by them as their center was suggested to me when I was looking for one. Ever since I've been following their thread here.
No scam, highly praised speakers and customer support and many dedicated users. Owner/designer responds in person on the thread and directly and has an impressive record in sound design behind him.

They are about to come out with a new website and 3 new lines. I would not rule them out, even though I haven't heard a single speaker.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I'm not a Chane owner as I'm out of the US, but I was very intrigued by them as their center was suggested to me when I was looking for one. Ever since I've been following their thread here.
No scam, highly praised speakers and customer support and many dedicated users. Owner/designer responds in person on the thread and directly and has an impressive record in sound design behind him.

They are about to come out with a new website and 3 new lines. I would not rule them out, even though I haven't heard a single speaker.
To each their own. If you get comfortable that is all that matters. The fact they are out of stock half the time would eliminate them from my list but I'm in the market for new speakers either. If you feel comfortable I say go for it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
To each their own. If you get comfortable that is all that matters. The fact they are out of stock half the time would eliminate them from my list but I'm in the market for new speakers either. If you feel comfortable I say go for it.
They don't have an international setup, so my interest is mostly theoretical. The stock issue is I believe a thing of the past. I have looked at their website many times the last months and the three models they sell currently were always in stock. Seems one is now out of stock, but that happens to many smaller brands especially now with import difficulties. Emotiva have/had some of their popular speakers in and out of stock the last months too.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
They don't have an international setup, so my interest is mostly theoretical. The stock issue is I believe a thing of the past. I have looked at their website many times the last months and the three models they sell currently were always in stock. Seems one is now out of stock, but that happens to many smaller brands especially now with import difficulties. Emotiva have/had some of their popular speakers in and out of stock the last months too.
Ok, like I said if you comfortable that's all that matters. I personally would not. That's why everyone is different.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ok, like I said if you comfortable that's all that matters. I personally would not. That's why everyone is different.
That's very fair and totally up to the individual.

I responded because you're sinking doubt into someone who is interested and it's not really based on much.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
That's very fair and totally up to the individual.

I responded because you're sinking doubt into someone who is interested and it's not really based on much.
I'm not sinking doubt. I'm just telling you what would make nervous. If you aren't and others aren't good for them. I say go for it. Just because I wouldn't but anything from them doesn't mean others shouldn't.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Some people think a lot of things, Geoff. I always hope it's based on experience.

I personally can't figure out Chane.
I imagine for you that's probably not untrue. We've never spoken, have we?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm not sinking doubt. I'm just telling you what would make nervous. If you aren't and others aren't good for them. I say go for it. Just because I wouldn't but anything from them doesn't mean others shouldn't.

I can see how that would make you nervous, I understand. I also had my doubts about Chane. After some time I thought to myself..whats the worst that could happen? I pulled the trigger and I was blown away on what the A1.5 could do. I have owned over many speakers in the past 20 years and The A1.5 can compete with speakers twice the price and then some. IMO the best way evaluate a product is with a in home demo, (Chane gives you 30 days) hearing is believing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I hear ya but they make me nervous. I don't think I'd but anything from them when there are so many good, stable speaker manufacturers out there. That's just me though. I'm sure plenty are fine with it.

Ascend Acoustics & HSU research have bad sites also.
You would rather buy speakers based on a nice website?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Anyhow to answer OP question

Chane's EVERYDAY, ALL DAY vs. KLH

I had a chance to listen to KLH Kendall's back in February. I had an interest in the KLH's but @gajCA saved me a minor headache. Well built speakers, meh sound. Seemed dull, bass was non existent. That's how I ended up hearing these speakers because my buddy was worried something was wrong with the speakers. He has amp with plenty of power.
I'd be surprised if their low end got under 50. Their listed 25. No way!!!
My buddy returned them to Crutchfield

He ended up getting Klipsch RP 8000F
I haven't heard those but he said night and day. He likes the Klipsch.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Ascend Acoustics & HSU research have bad sites also.

You would rather buy speakers based on a nice website?
Why does everyone want to argue. If you like them, if you are comfortable with them then by all means buy them. I just said what makes be nervous about them, that's it.
They were out of stock for months at one point. Ascend Acoustics does not have a slick website but here is more information on its hope page then all of Chane. I believe this company changed names a few times as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts