AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just started building my first HT and started with a Yamaha V373 and some Klipsch B2 and a C1 center. I haven't purchased any surrounds yet but i`m thinking about matching it with a set of Klipsch S1. I have been a Klipsch fan since the early 2000s and I have no regrets of buying the B2 and C1 and they sound phenomenal. I have just purchased a PSW505 and hopefully that will be a good match.

Newegg just launched a special on the Monitor60 for $99/each. I can buy those and a CS2 center for $300 and sell my current B2 and C1 for $150-$180 so it won't be so costly to upgrade. I still have to buy stands for the B2s which are $50 so the difference would be about $100-$130 more than my current setup.

Point is, do you recommend upgrading to the Monitor60 + CS2 or keep the Klipsch? $130 is not a big deal for me right now but I want to make sure the money is well spent. Would the Polk be a good upgrade? I do a lot of music as well as movies so please keep that in mind.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
While the Polk speakers are not the ultimate in sound quality, most people would find them better-sounding than the Klipsch speakers, which can sound pretty "Hard" or "bright" in the treble when driven hard.

I would definitely go with the Polks if it were my choice, although if you could find some Boston Acoustics floorstanding speakers, for example the 226 or 260 within your budget I would recommend going that route; a bit nicer overall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1419625/klipsch-b2-c1-vs-polk-monitor60-cs2#post_22206143

While the Polk speakers are not the ultimate in sound quality, most people would find them better-sounding than the Klipsch speakers, which can sound pretty "Hard" or "bright" in the treble when driven hard.

I would definitely go with the Polks if it were my choice, although of you could find some Boston Acoustics floorstanding speakers, for example the 226 or 260 within your budget I would recommend going that route; a bit nicer overall.

The Monitor60 at $99/each are such a bargain that I might go for those. Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Well...if you like the sound of the klipsch, I wouldn't upgrade to the polks. That is a lateral trade...

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
I would stick with the Klipsch, unless you weren't doing any critical listening at all, like just TV shows and sports. I would disagree with the statement above about most people finding Polk to be better sounding than Klipsch, Klipsch always does pretty well in shootouts and blind comparisons.

·
Registered
19,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz  /t/1419625/klipsch-b2-c1-vs-polk-monitor60-cs2#post_22205964

Newegg just launched a special on the Monitor60 for $99/each. I can buy those and a CS2 center for $300 and sell my current B2 and C1 for $150-$180 so it won't be so costly to upgrade. I still have to buy stands for the B2s which are $50 so the difference would be about $100-$130 more than my current setup.

Point is, do you recommend upgrading to the Monitor60 + CS2 or keep the Klipsch? $130 is not a big deal for me right now but I want to make sure the money is well spent. Would the Polk be a good upgrade? I do a lot of music as well as movies so please keep that in mind.

Stick with Klipsch

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Polk M50's and love them. M60's for $99 is a steal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts