AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some Klipsch B20 speakers for a good deal and am working on pairing them with center, surround, and receiver. I would think they would pair with the C20 and S20 Klipsch but on klipsch website they pair them with the C10 and S10. the C20 and S20 are slightly higher wattage rating but the C10 and S10 have a way lower wattage rating. So I’m kind of confused as to the proper ones to go with? or should i go with completely different ones? i don’t know how important it is to have the same speakers etc.

other issue is pairing these speakers with a proper receiver. especially considering the wattage issues mentioned above.

i already have a sub so im trying to keep it under $500. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
With Klipsch speakers, you shouldn't have any reason to need extra strong receivers or amps, so you should be able to focus more on the speakers, if you're worried about the price difference between s20s and s10s, for instance. Klipsch likely recommends the lower models because it pairs the higher models with the flagship floorstander in the synergy line. It shouldn't be a problem pairing the b20s with the larger center and surrounds. It will probably sound better that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure after i saw klipsch's website. what about reciver ratings? since the RMS on the C20 and S20 are 100W and the B20 are only 85W should i keep the reciver 85 or below?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I don't think you'll have an issue with too much receiver power as long as the receiver allows you to set a max volume, which I think most do. That way you won't risk putting excess power into them.

That receiver looks good, just check that it has any features you may need or want such as upconversion or room correction or adequate inputs and outputs of whatever type you need (including zone 2 if you see that in your future). My receiver is 7.2 and I'm running 2.0. I picked it because it had all the features and expandability I needed or wanted within the budget I set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats how i got the B20's for $110. im keeping my eye out for when/if the S20 and C20 go on sale again. now i just need to figure out which reciver to go with.
right now my two top ones are the denon yamaha RX-V673 and AVR-X2000. any one have any opinion on those or another suggestion? both the above are pretty much the same price, a $12 doller diffferance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts