AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an accident and my Klipsch KV3 Center Channel fell off my stand and is now not working correctly. I ordered a used KV3 off ebay but i have to return it because it distorts. I needs help with some recommendations for a replacement. Here is my setup.

Klipsch Epic Series 2 Mains

Klipsch KG1.5 Rears

Klipsch KV3 Center

Klipsch 10" Sub

Yamaha Receiver 110wx5

20x20 HT Room

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

Ahron

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
The best match to an Epic CF-2 is a KV-4. I don't know how close the current offerings will match.

What's wrong with your KV-3? Perhaps it can be fixed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the Tweeter is working, it fell onto my sons play mat and dented the rear corner of the speaker (after it swung into my DLP) I will try and take out the speakers and see if there is anything noticeably wrong.

I would love to find a KV-4, i wish i would have bought that center at my time of purchase.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Could just be a loose connection on the crossover or something.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
If you can confirm that, you may be able to find a replacement woofer on the Klipsch forum. Maybe Bob Crites.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a call back from a tech a Klipsch. He ran me though some trouble shooting to narrow down my problem. After pulling out the woofers and hooking up some old car stereo speakers i found the crossover was fine. I then hooked up the woofers directly to my receiver and determined that they are bad. Now i just have to order replacements tomorrow and hopefully everything will be back to normal. Klipsch support rocks... I have had some horrible tech support recently calls and other companies should take note, Klipsch has they sh$t together.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.