AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are sold on either the F2's & F3's for our HT Fronts and a matching C2 or C3 for the center. We are going to be using our 201 bose for rears until we get some more $$$. No sub yet either, that hopefully will come around Xmas. Now here is the question for any one that can help. What is the really difference between the older Klipsch floors and the newer ones we saw at BB? Other than cosmetics that is. There is a huge saving if we go with last years models.

·
Registered
16,907 Posts
Have you visited the Klipsch forums?

My understanding is that the new Synergy line was redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up; all models and the subs, too. Some of the Klipsch people who were involved in getting the new Synergy line to the shelves posted frequently at the Klipsch forums, answering similar questions to yours when the new series first became available.

The consensus among the Klipsch fans was that the new Synergy line was head and shoulder above the old line, with some even suggesting that they might challenge the non-US-made Reference speakers, which are soon to be revamped as well.

I can't speak to the difference in sound betweeen the old and new line, but I like the new line's appearance and styling much better. Sub-wise, I CAN tell you that the new Sub10 and Sub12 trounce the old Synergy sub offerings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's compatible with the newer Klipsch series? We can not find anywhere that will allow us to hear Infinity's other than CC and there are never hooked up for what ever reason. CC has been very disappointing.

·
Registered
16,907 Posts
"comparable"? if you mean price-wise, that's easy enough to figure out. sound-wise? that's something personal and the reason you try and listen before you buy.

CC has a reasonmably generous return policy, just make sure you preserve all the packaging when you unpack the stuff.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I recently bought the new F2's and I am also using 201's for surrounds.

I cant answer your question...but I can tell you the F2's are good speakers, they are very sensitive and I needed to readjust all the speaker levels. I also am using a Sony digital 7.1 Reciever and I needed to turn down the treble to take some of the highs out.

You definately will want a sub, The F2's have little bass, But I am also used to having a sub on at all times.

Now that I have the settings where I like them, they sound GREAT ,and My friends all agree they have good sound too. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.