AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 fronts and a center that are around 10 years old. I can't find what model they are and am hoping someone can help. I got this serial number 211697060

Here are a couple pics of them both. I was wondering what model they are and what they might be worth. Thanks for your time.

· Registered
6,401 Posts
You might want to contact Klipsch directly -- [email protected] . An alternative is to join the Klipsch forum -- http://community.klipsch.com/user/Cr...=/Default.aspx and post your pictures there.

Your request needs to be more specific = "Can you identify these Klipsch speakers?". "Klipsch help" is way too generic.

They do look like fairly high end (high quality) speakers from an older line similar to the current Reference series (predecessors of the RF82 & RC62). How do they sound? Replacing those with new, equivalent, models could cost over $1500, or more, IMHO (and those may not even sound as good).

PS -- There is nothing wrong with older speakers. I'm currently using 20+ year old speakers (with professionally re-coned woofers) for my front channel (R/L) speakers and they are excellent. Klipsch is still selling their Heritage speakers which were designed in the late '60s.

· Registered
276 Posts

· Registered
592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixonrsx /forum/post/18132233

I thought those were KLF-10's as well, but the ones in his pic are front ported, and the KLF-10's are ported in the rear. Im not sure if the KLF-10's were ever front ported. I duno.

They look to be KG 5.5 or KM6, they are most definitely not KLF-10's 20's or 30's.

As for the center it looks to be the KV-4 or the KLF-C7

Nice speakers, definitely good investments. I would guess that the KG 5.5's would be around 400-600 for the pair depending on the shape they're in, and the KV-4 would be somewhere around 300 depending its shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.