AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
the devil

j/k

Granted it will be heavily biased, but have you tried the Klipsch forums?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had a pair of vintage Heresey II's that were really really good to me for about 10 years. They are really efficient (of course 'cause of the horn) and if you like the signature forward Klipsch sound youll like these.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I don't have Heresys but I do have Fortes. I love the sound and have been told the Heresys are very similar. But do I need to say that what I or anyone thinks will take a back seat to your opinion? Go to the Klipsch Forum and ask for an audition. Those guys are pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
It's likely that few people have real experience with the Heresy III, and it's probably not fair to assume it sounds the same as the Heresy II.

I have a pair of 1990 Heresy II and find them pretty impressive, especially if you mate them with a sub. They image as well as the big horns.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have a few clients out there with them. Two of them upgraded from $6000 high end speakers into them with small tube amps and they could not be more happy. Totally upgraded speaker. Better drivers, stiffer cabinet, upgraded crossover.

Not the most accurate speaker in the world, nor does it pretend to be. There are speakers with deeper bass and more resolution. What most of them miss is the sheer pleasure of listening the Heritage speakers bring to folks. They are FUN. They get the dynamics right. They give people a **** eating grin. There is a reason they've been in constant production so many years and a reason you haven't seen a single used pair of the new series out there. Klipsch sells all they build.

They are going up in price on Tuesday to $799 each. PM if you want a set at the old price.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have the II I use as my side surrounds and love them. They mate really nice with my mains...La Scala's.

If you want more in depth answers head on over to the Klipsch forum and tell them scooterdog sent you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts