AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally got the icon line for really cheap so I ended use both a 5.1 setup. Recently with the premiere line having come out the reference ii have had some crazy deals, and I was thinking about swapping my kf-28 icons for the rf-82 ii. It would be a bit before I could swap out the center though, and was wondering if it's going to mess the sound up temporarily, or if the step up is even worth it. I think I can pick up a pair for around $800 right now, originally got my kf-28 for $300 as a pair.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Overall speaking, Klipsch reference is a better line of speakers than Klipsch Icon. I had Klipsch Synergy (similar to Icon) before moved to reference and did notice more forward sound from RF line. You need to replace your entire front LCR set up. $800/pair is becoming new normal for RF-82ii. Unless you are not happy with KF-28, I wouldn't 'upgrade' to RF line with that price difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty happy with the icon to me they sound great for movies, and they seem to impress most of my friends. I just read a lot about the reference ii being a "far superior" speaker, and it gives me upgraditis. If the jump isn't overwhelmingly significant though I'd probably be better off saving to replace the little 42inch TV or my denon x2000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts