AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an older pair of Best Buy Klipsch Floorstanders. They are allright. Nothing to shout home about. VF-35s to be exact. Specs are here .

I was able to find someone locally who is looking to get rid of their Monitor RS6's. Specs located here .

Obviously I'll be doing an audition before making any changes, but wanted to know from you guys

The things that jump out at me re the RS6's are -

-vaneer/better design.

- better quality components/craftmanship.

Would the difference in overall sound quality be noticably superior with the RS6's and its matching center? I would say my existing speakers weak points are in the mid range and bass department. What do you guys think? Should I entertain the idea of picking up the RS6's that are for sale? My habits are 80 movies 20 music. Dedicated room, 7.1 HT.

The monitors are also 6ohm speakers, not sure if an amp investment would be necessary, but thinking ahead.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/19570267

Would the difference in overall sound quality be noticably superior with the RS6's and its matching center? I ...The monitors are also 6ohm speakers, not sure if an amp investment would be necessary, but thinking ahead.

Speakers are subjective, so ymmv, but OH GOD YES!

You should be able run the RS6 with a decent amp.

Ron

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I know it's very subjective.

But there is always a fine line between subjective opinions and REALITY, so I thought I would ask.

Some follow up questions -

- I have a pretty good frequency response in my room right now with my 18" sealed sub. (LIKE REALLY GOOD according to SMS-1). I know there is no real way to tell what will happen to my room's FR until I get ths speakers in there, but it couldn't really worsen can it?

-Can someone who has heard both Klipsch and Monitor comment on what they feel the primary differences are?

-I have an Onkyo 805. Pretty decent amp IMHO. I am guessing this can drive the monitors and my surrounds with ease.

-I know I can't post prices, but I have an offer right now, which includes the RS6 and matching center. PM me, and I'm looking for your opinion if you think it's a good deal or not. As I mentioned, main reason for upgrading is I like tinkering with new equipment, and well I've outgrown my Best Buy specials. ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.