AVS Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/0

Klipsch junk?? Get real. It's a great line of speakers, and a great value.

Some "audiophiles" don't care for Klipsch because they play loud and they have bass. And who on Earth would want a sensibly-priced speaker that plays loud and has bass???

Sheesh.

I always enjoy reading your posts. Sensible, straightforward, and not biased.

Very refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis /forum/post/0

I will be much more selective in my subject matter on my next thread,didn't mean to start all this.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your thread. I find it more of a "Passionate Discussion" reading the replies so far.

Many threads derail along these lines. Don't worry. But if you do start a thread that contains both the words "junk" and "insert any given speaker brand here" you can almost guarantee the outcome you've witnessed here. Goes with the territory of most internet discussion boards unfortunetely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis /forum/post/0

I have not been there yet but I talked to a high end stereophile shop in Martinez,Ga. about def tech to see if he had any I could listen to.He said that he has them as well as usher,psb,bel canto,and several other high end lines. Then I mentioned Klispch and he almost hung up on me, I did make it clear that he is pesonaly a sterophile and not HT but instals ht systems up to 100K, and that no selfrespecting high end shop would sell Klispch.He said that horn technology died in the 50's and is now trying to make a comeback.I told him I'm 99% ht and I liked the forwardness of KLipsch.His reply is that is realy just distortion that you hear.

He said that the def tech would blow them away and that is his low end line.He could not say enough bad about Klipsch stating that NO high end shop in the country sells them because they are mass market junk.I am still trying to get somewhere that I can listen to both again but my first impression was leaning toward Klipsch.He said the same thing about how they would tire you out after awhile because they are so bright but I've read that they have addressed that with the new rf series.I like the way both sound but I think Klipsch would suite me better for HT, maybe I just don't know what I'm listening to.Any comments

With all due respect, this salesperson has greatly damaged his objectivity and professional integrity if he claims that any of the major speaker products currently in the market are junk. First of all, horn technology is not unique to Klipsch. There are other well known manufacturers that have adapted the technology to some of their new lines as well. I would also challenge this so called expert to come up with a speaker from any of the top manufacturers that suffers from high distortion, something that most manufacturers list right up their as a marketing tool with continuous wattage and driver construction. And to claim that "no self respecting high end shop would sell Klipsch" smacks of blatant ignorance and amateurism at best, (or worse, as someone with an ax to grind). I wouldn't give this clown the time of day to offer an opinion on any audio system, let alone sell me one.

Klipsch is one of the oldest lines of speakers for both theater and music applications. They have a well earned, (and well deserved), following. Their sound is forward and can be unforgiving with poorly engineered material. However, as always, the best recommendation anyone can give you is to go out, as best as you can, and listen to any system that you intend to purchase for yourself. Music and sound is an extremely subjective topic for any particular listener. Make sure that when you put down your hard earned money, that it is for the type of sound that you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs /forum/post/0

Many threads derail along these lines. Don't worry. But if you do start a thread that contains both the words "junk" and "insert any given speaker brand here" you can almost guarantee the outcome you've witnessed here. Goes with the territory of most internet discussion boards unfortunetely.

I agree.... I just find it unbelievable that any self professed expert would call most any audio line "junk". I don't even label some of the lower lines of speakers in that matter. I would just as soon do business with someone that in honesty tells me they don't know much about speakers than do business with this type of self aggrandizing clown. They do a tremendous disservice to buyers that are honestly looking for a good opinion.

1. I'm sure that most of you know that the typical retail salesman doesn't have nearly the education as most of this contributing forum of members, and

2. That said, I hate shopping. Although I'm far from "elitist", I just don't want to hear someone blabbering on and on.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.