AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have the Quintet III system and my father just gave me 2 KG 4.2 and a KV 3 center that are very old.   However they probably haven't been powered up in over 10 years.

What should I expect in sound quality vs the Quintet III ?

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Are the Quintet III's the htib speaker set? If they are the home theater in the box kind of speakers, then I would assume the KG's to be a significant upgrade! I would check out Bob Crites website as I believe that he has some upgrade parts for the KG's and the KV center. I would sell those Quintets and at the very least replace the caps in the old KG, & KV crossovers, then take what money you make and invest in a good sub(s).

You can get a Dayton HO18 driver from Parts Express, and then get some of the handy panels in 2' by 4' sizes from Home Depot, to build a MartySub! This DIY design requires very few cuts and can be completed by just about anyone! Then pick up a Behringer iNuke3000 for a grand total of under under $650, with performance that is equal to a $2,000 sub!

Sorry, I am getting ahead of myself! Sell the Quintets and check out Bob Crites' website! LoL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1524654/klipsch-kg-4-2-and-kv-3-center-vs-quintet-iii#post_24540257

Are the Quintet III's the htib speaker set? If they are the home theater in the box kind of speakers, then I would assume the KG's to be a significant upgrade! I would check out Bob Crites website as I believe that he has some upgrade parts for the KG's and the KV center. I would sell those Quintets and at the very least replace the caps in the old KG, & KV crossovers, then take what money you make and invest in a good sub(s).

You can get a Dayton HO18 driver from Parts Express, and then get some of the handy panels in 2' by 4' sizes from Home Depot, to build a MartySub! This DIY design requires very few cuts and can be completed by just about anyone! Then pick up a Behringer iNuke3000 for a grand total of under under $650, with performance that is equal to a $2,000 sub!

Sorry, I am getting ahead of myself! Sell the Quintets and check out Bob Crites' website! LoL
Hi - Yeah it's the home theater set but I bought the SUB-10 separately so I think i'm good on the sub, I've always liked it's performance.   My Onkyo HT-RC360 can run a second so I may do that down the road.   

I will read Bob's website...thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts