AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a sensitivity adjustment for auto on? I think this is all thats wrong with mine. It will not consistanly auto on when I turn on my Onkyo TX-SR705. It will power on if I send it a signal from a Nintendo DS head phone output with a stereo breakout cable to the line in connections. Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done a fair bit of experimenting. This sub amp has line in and outs as well as a dedicated LFE/sub in connection. I've tried both. I tried the L and R line in's with a RCA splitter cable and direct to the LFE/ sub input and saw no increase in reliability. IF it manages to come on, it will stay on for the duration. When I power down the AVR, the sub continues to stay on for 15 minutes, then shut off just like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another interesting tidbit of brain-cramp. I previously calibrated my sound system using both a spl meter with the Onkyo's onboard test tones and set everything to 73 db. Then I ran Audyssey. After that I ran some test audio from a couple of movies that would put it through it's paces. It sounds great. Sut it down and try a re-start and no go. So I get thr bright idea.

Lets call up a calibrated 73db signal and see what happens. BAM, it fires right up and sounds fine. Cancell the test tone and it stays running. Now I'm really screwed in the head.

What the heck is going on here? Is it the sub or the AVR???

·
Registered
16,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel  /t/1468208/klipsch-ksw-150-auto-on-problem#post_23203501

Another interesting tidbit of brain-cramp. I previously calibrated my sound system using both a spl meter with the Onkyo's onboard test tones and set everything to 73 db. Then I ran Audyssey. After that I ran some test audio from a couple of movies that would put it through it's paces. It sounds great. Sut it down and try a re-start and no go. So I get thr bright idea.

Lets call up a calibrated 73db signal and see what happens. BAM, it fires right up and sounds fine. Cancell the test tone and it stays running. Now I'm really screwed in the head.

What the heck is going on here? Is it the sub or the AVR???
Are you running your speakers crossed-over or full-range?

What is the setting of the AVR's sub channel level trim?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, more news. Today I tried doing a factory re-set of the avr. Then a full set-up from scratch. During spl meter speaker calibration I noticed I was

getting different OSD numbers for all speakers then I previously had saved to get 73 db on each channel. Then I re-ran Audyssey. Once again I ran some

test material (same stuff as before) and it sounded great, BUT different. The special effects really popped. I watched for a while and then shut it off. I waited 15 minutes for the sub to go into stanby. Then I turned it back on and BAM, the sub came to life and in under 2 seconds. Tried it a couple of times and all seems well. I'll know better tomorrow when I power it up from a cold start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.