AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone,I'm thinking to build a 7.1 home theater. I will use it 70% HT and 30% music.

My av receiver is Pioneer Elite SC 68.

I wont buy a new subwoofer because i have already Sunfire hrs 12.

I cant decide which speakers are better:

Klipsch:

Klipsch RF-7 II Floor standing (x2)

Klipsch RC-64 II Center          (x1)

Klipsch RS-62 II Surround       (x2)

Klipsch RB-61 II Surround (rear) (x2)

B&W :

B&W CM9 Floor standing (x2)

B&W CM Centre 2           (x1)

B&W CM5 Surround        (x2)

B&W CM1 Surround (rear)(x2)

Paradigm:

Paradigm Studio 60 v5 Floor standing (x2)

Paradigm Studio  CC-590                   (x1)

Paradigm Studio 10 v5 Surround        (x2)

Paradigm Surround 3 v7 (rear)            (x2)

Which of these system would you prefer and why ?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
You need to listen to each and decide which one sounds best to you. Those three have unique sound characteristics, and some people like and dislike various sounds.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
All three are great manufacturers and likely cannot go too wrong with any of those setups.

I have heard several models of B&W and have been always impressed. The 800 Diamond series and the 600 series.

More familiar with Klipsch and have heard and own several different models and also have always been impressed with the higher end series.

In that past I have listened to some Paradigms and was not as impressed but those were older models and the characteristics I did not care for are may not be present in current models.

Good luck, my vote favors B&W and Klipsch.

KvE

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would go for the Paradigm because that is what I now have and it sounds excellent.Very satisfied.My system,Bell Satellite Receiver:

>Echostar DE24

>6141

TV:

>Panasonic TCP65VT50

Blu-ray Player:

>Panasonic DMPBDT500

Receiver:

>Pioneer CS-57

Front Speakers:

>Paradigm Studio 20

Rear:

>Paradigm Millenia ADP

Sub:

>Paradigm Monitor Sub 10

Center:

>Paradigm CC300

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm a huge Klipsch fan but I think trying to listen is great advise. All 3 would be nice I'm sure. Shop around for prices. I know Klipsch street prices are much lower than retail. I would guess the other two would fall Into to that as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is a guide that can help:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-absolute-sound-guide-to-high-performance-loudspeakers-now-available-for-free-download/

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is nigh on impossible to suggest let alone recommend to you what is better. My better is different than yours. Preferences differ. Then there's also the room acoustics. Speaker aesthetics? WAF? Your audio preference. Are you a heavy bass type of person? Mid range punch? Smooth highs? Positioning limits? Warm vs clinical sound? Audio truth vs your own preference?

Believe or not, upstream components make a difference. And none of us share the same exact configuration.

It amuses me so much to read about folks saying one speaker brand is better over the other when there are so much variables involved.

Your best bet is find a store with a good return policy. Even so, most speakers require X-hours of break in. Which may go past your return period.

Buy the set of speakers that sounds best to you. Not what we tell you.

·
Registered
9,808 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderkind  /t/1524674/klipsch-or-b-w-or-paradigm#post_24551758

I

Buy the set of speakers that sounds best to you. Not what we tell you.

Amen. No substitute for doing the legwork! And, if you have some options available to you, don't limit yourself to chains ... check out the local audiophile stores in your area and get a sampling of lots of different speakers. Educate your ears before you pull the trigger, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1524674/klipsch-or-b-w-or-paradigm#post_24540628

You need to listen to each and decide which one sounds best to you. Those three have unique sound characteristics, and some people like and dislike various sounds.

Plus one on this statement

I have an all Focal surround system.and absolutely love it. Speakers with horns have a very different sound than speakers with dome tweeters. You have to live with it you make the decision

Norm L

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have the Paradigm system you ask about. They sound awesome. One reviewer said, '...it was just like being at the movies, just the sound was better!'. Together with a Pioneer SC-57 is a great combination. My studio recording engineer son says at this point, my room is the weakest link with the equipment I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thank you for your replies, I listened to each and bought Monitor Audio PL200 with PLC150 and RX FX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts