AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u help me make a decision on what setup is better. I purchased the Klipsch package already but now have second thoughts. Here's a link of the two packages on sale. Bottom of the page!!
http://www.easthamiltonradio.on.ca/s...ber29_2008.pdf

Klipsch

RF62 (front)

RC52 (center)

RS42 (rear)

RPW10 (subwoofer)

Paradigm

Cinema Phantom (front)

CC190 Cinema (center)

Cinema Micro (rear)

PDR10 (subwoofer)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have you listened to either?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sale ended yesterday and I will have to pay for price for rf62. I can buy another package that is the same but the rf52 are offered instead of rf62. Is there a huge difference is sound between the two. Should I jump on it or go with the Paradigm setup which comes with the Denon AVR689 for extra $200.00 and monster cable power bar. Total is $1600.00

Option A

Klipsch setup and purchase Onkyo TX-SR506 receiver

Option B

Paradigm setup with Denon AVR689 receiver

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Denon 889 and I am trying to decide on speakers.

Klipsch

F-2 towers

VC-25 centre

KHW-5 in-wall for the rears

Sub-12

or

Paradigm

Cinema 330 L+C+R

DPS-3100 sub

Sonance S625T in-wall rears

Need to decide soon

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Persoanlly I think the Cinema's sound aweful.... but those are my ears...

BTW, I'm a huge Paradigm fanboy, but only from the Studio Line on up.. and I don't really care for Klipsch at all.... but thats me....

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Just my opinion, but I myself and a Klipsch fan. I haven't demoed the RF-52's or 62's though. I've read several times in the Klipsch forum where people thought the 62's were a significant improvement over the 52's.

As far as receivers go I would recommend stepping up to the 606 if you stay with Onkyo because it's a pretty significant step up in features-namely hi-def audio capabilities over HDMI. Biggest drawback IMO is the lack of pre-outs. Or for a little less $$ than the 606 you can get a Yamaha RX-V663 which has the same features and pre-outs but only 2 HDMI inputs. Or you can usually find refurb Onkyo 605's for about $250. All the same features as the 606 but with only 2 HDMI inputs. Still no pre-outs though. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think might have to dish out a little more money to power my Klipsch setup. Whats the difference between Yamaha and Denon receivers. Guys have told me Yamaha have more raw power and at high volumes they begin to distort. Denon is less powerful and sounds cleaner. I want something more for music and surrond sound being secondary. I'm looking at spending around $600.00 CAD.

Denon RX-863 or Yamaha AVR 789, 889

Where can I get refurb receivers?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by customlll /forum/post/15440006

I have a Denon 889 and I am trying to decide on speakers.

Klipsch

F-2 towers

VC-25 centre

KHW-5 in-wall for the rears

Sub-12

or

Paradigm

Cinema 330 L+C+R

DPS-3100 sub

Sonance S625T in-wall rears

Need to decide soon

These are two totally different speakers. The F2 is a tower, while the 330 is an on-wall design. If you are looking for aesthetics go with the Paradigm/Sonance combo, but if you are looking for better sound go with the F2's. Now, if you want aesthetics and sound from an onwall combo, check Monitor Audio R225's or R250's. As for the sub, don't use MA's go with HSU, AV123, SVS, Velodyne, etc.

·
Registered
710 Posts
What ever you do you can save some money by dropping the Monster products out of the picture, they are just way too overpriced and really not needed.

Just looked at the ad, scrap the entire idea and buy the anthem setup and save up for some speakers later, what a great deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.