AVS Forum banner

39561 - 39580 of 59390 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
talked to my sister about this whole sub deal and such and she find it not a good idea. she has not much knowledge of subs but she said that maybe it just isn't a good idea to have a sealed and spend so much money on the things. reason being that a sealed is going to do better in a closed room and mine isn't and also that perhaps if i move it will be to a bigger house and i have to get more or new ones then. i sorta feel that she is right. the missis is also not happy with spending a lot on my setup, so to prevent all possible misalignment and stuff, i just ordered the pb13 ultra, that will fit my sw800 better and hope it will make me happy.
Last night you said you ordered both (SB and PBsubs) so I'm little confud now.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Last night you said you ordered both (SB and PBsubs) so I'm little confud now.
there must be a misunderstanding, i was about to order those but was going to get some info first about delivery and try out and stuff. having misses and my sister (who does my bookkeeping) telling me not too , there is a real WAF problem here which i cannot ignore as u may understand.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
there must be a misunderstanding, i was about to order those but was going to get some info first about delivery and try out and stuff.
Oh ok I was expecting some close comparing sb and pb thas ok so you have Pb-Ultra on the way? That is cool congrats!!!!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Oh ok I was expecting some close comparing sb and pb thas ok so you have Pb-Ultra on the way? That is cool congrats!!!!
woman acceptance factor and such makes my life not easy lol . but yup its on its way now, for real. thnx man :D

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
woman acceptance factor and such makes my life not easy lol . but yup its on its way now, for real. thnx man :D
What si WAF I have no idea:D

·
Registered
895 Posts
I know it won't be a perfect timber match, but what about going outside the Reference line for my center? Say something in the K series, or KLF like you?
I'm not sure which Reference you are using for mains right now. If you upgrade the stock diaphragm with the Bob Crites Titanium diaphragm on the KLF-C7 it might just blend in nicely with Reference mains. The 8" woofers on the KLF center speaker might over power your mains though.

Have you tried running Audyssey again using a tighter mic pattern?

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
It sure does. Its as if I added more subwoofers. :D

I had seven RB-75's as my main 7.1 surround when they 1st came out. Now 4 of the RB-75's are height speakers. 2 are surround backs. And one is boxed up.

I can't have a proper Atmos setup because of the slanted ceiling. Plus, I NEED my ceiling fan. It should be no problem for Auro 3D.
I imagine it does sound amazing but I'm still confused about several things: 1) How can you have 2 sets of Height speakers with the Denon AVR-4520ci? or 2) Do you already have the Denon x7200? If so, everything I've read in the Atmos thread in the Amp & AVR section makes me think that the dispersion pattern of your setup renders the Height speakers pretty much ineffective...

Please don't take my questions as being critical, I am just trying to wrap my head around your VERY nice speakers and how that setup works. :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
talked to my sister about this whole sub deal and such and she find it not a good idea. she has not much knowledge of subs but she said that maybe it just isn't a good idea to have a sealed and spend so much money on the things. reason being that a sealed is going to do better in a closed room and mine isn't and also that perhaps if i move it will be to a bigger house and i have to get more or new ones then. i sorta feel that she is right. the missis is also not happy with spending a lot on my setup, so to prevent all possible misalignment and stuff, i just ordered the pb13 ultra, that will fit my sw800 better and hope it will make me happy.
Congrats!

Its would be pretty hard to not be happy with a pb13. Did you get one from the outlet for cheaper? Or pay full price. What finish did you get?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I know this might not be the best place to post, but i figured ide get the best responce..im trying to drive into klipsch. I want to replace my current surrounds with klipsch and curious what yall recommend. How would you compare the synergy line with the andrew jones pioneers bookshelves? (Those are current) im just wanting to explore.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Oh ok we all have to deal with this WAF for sure, it is part of life.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i can imagine that . not that strange as the rf-7II has better highs and bigger woofers. happy u enjoy ur setup and u can rest having a good soundstage now.:)
Thanks.

Once I get the X7200, the 4520CI will go to another room. It will drive the RF-82II, RC-62, and RB-62II. No sub. (5.0)

That is crazy set up !!!! This is example nothing is overdone no matter that you do, this is small room I guess 10x10 but looks very nice. I can see some more speakers on second picture at right bottom corner, take one more picture from TV so we can see it all.
The room is 13X13.

The other speakers you see at right bottom corner of the picture are the RB-75's as surround back. I'll take another picture and attach it.

I imagine it does sound amazing but I'm still confused about several things: 1) How can you have 2 sets of Height speakers with the Denon AVR-4520ci? or 2) Do you already have the Denon x7200? If so, everything I've read in the Atmos thread in the Amp & AVR section makes me think that the dispersion pattern of your setup renders the Height speakers pretty much ineffective...

Please don't take my questions as being critical, I am just trying to wrap my head around your VERY nice speakers and how that setup works. :)
1) The height speakers are not hooked up. I'm waiting for the X7200. :D For now, it's just a 7.2 setup.

2) Heh....how I WISH I can have the X7200 now. :D But...I have to wait like everyone else. ;)

I understand I don't have a proper set up for Atmos. I may not get the "object" type of sound from directly above. I'm so used to pointing out where the sound is coming from. Its not going to bother me a bit. Once I get the X7200, I'll do some experimenting. I may move the back heights down to "wides" and try just the 2 fronts heights for Atmos.

Reactions: retro124

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Thanks.

Once I get the X7200, the 4520CI will go to another room. It will drive the RF-82II, RC-62, and RB-62II. No sub. (5.0)

The room is 13X13.

The other speakers you see at right bottom corner of the picture are the RB-75's as surround back. I'll take another picture and attach it.

1) The height speakers are not hooked up. I'm waiting for the X7200. :D For now, it's just a 7.2 setup.

2) Heh....how I WISH I can have the X7200 now. :D But...I have to wait like everyone else. ;)

I understand I don't have a proper set up for Atmos. I may not get the "object" type of sound from directly above. I'm so used to pointing out where the sound is coming from. Its not going to bother me a bit. Once I get the X7200, I'll do some experimenting. I may move the back heights down to "wides" and try just the 2 fronts heights for Atmos.
That is pretty sweet, I love those big bookshelfs they can be placed pretty much everywhere. It is why I bought pair RB-81II and have them now for front heights and i love them but they can also do nice wides, surrounds or surrounds back. I still can't believe you have to pairs RF-7II there that is something.

Reactions: Figarou

·
Registered
386 Posts
That is pretty sweet, I love those big bookshelfs they can be placed pretty much everywhere. It is why I bought pair RB-81II and have them now for front heights and i love them but they can also do nice wides, surrounds or surrounds back. I still can't believe you have to pairs RF-7II there that is something.
Yup YUP!! These bookshelf speakers CAN be placed everywhere!! Except directly above on the ceiling, of course. ;)

I'm tempted on putting another pair of RF-7II as back surrounds. :D But there is no room. ;)

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Yup YUP!! These bookshelf speakers CAN be placed everywhere!! Except directly above on the ceiling, of course. ;)

I'm tempted on putting another pair of RF-7II as back surrounds. :D But there is no room. ;)
If you will have there another pair RF-7II then you will also need screew your chair to floor otherwise you will fly up to your ceiling like in M.Jackson video-clip " Black or White " :D

Even now I will put some there just for your safety :D

Reactions: Figarou

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you will have there another pair RF-7II then you will also need screew your chair to floor otherwise you will fly up to your ceiling like in M.Jackson video-clip " Black or White " :D

Even now I will put some there just for your safety :D
Actually, I'll drive my neighbors up the wall. :D

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

I didn't realize that the X-7200 hasn't come out, but now I am wondering why you don't use the front Heights in a 9.2 configuration with Dolby PLIIz with the AV4520ci?

I am curious in your current setup if you think those Height speakers make a difference....Fwiw, we are using RB-5s in that position now and feel they work well, but they are angled to our primary/only MLP, which is a loveseat...Fwiw, we have RB-75s as Side Surrounds and Rear speakers in a 9.2 configuration in a small room such as yours although I think our ceiling in the main portion of our room is higher (Probably 12 ft).

·
Registered
386 Posts
I didn't realize that the X-7200 hasn't come out, but now I am wondering why you don't use the front Heights in a 9.2 configuration with Dolby PLIIz with the AV4520ci?

I am curious in your current setup if you think those Height speakers make a difference....Fwiw, we are using RB-5s in that position now and feel they work well, but they are angled to our primary/only MLP, which is a loveseat...Fwiw, we have RB-75s as Side Surrounds and Rear speakers in a 9.2 configuration in a small room such as yours although I think our ceiling in the main portion of our room is higher (Probably 12 ft).

The X7200 should be out in December. More likely in January 2015. I could use Dolby PLIIz on the 4520CI, but its not found on Blu-rays. DTS NeoX is. But there is so few titles.

Since the RB-75s are on stands, I can't point it down to the MLP. If it wasn't for the window behind the HDTV, I'd try to mount them on the wall. Space is limited in that room. I know my configuration will not work properly with Atmos. I'd have to move into another house in order to get the proper Atmos setup. There are those that can't have 7.1 since the sofa is against the back wall.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
The X7200 should be out in December. More likely in January 2015. I could use Dolby PLIIz on the 4520CI, but its not found on Blu-rays. DTS NeoX is. But there is so few titles.

Fwiw, I use Dolby PLIIz on both Dolby and DTS tracks it works great but I didn't know there was specifically DTS NeoX tracks and haven't seen where there was. :confused:

EDIT: I just did a search and found the only movie was the Expendables 2 and it was released in 2012.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Fwiw, I use Dolby PLIIz on both Dolby and DTS tracks it works great but I didn't know there was specifically DTS NeoX tracks and haven't seem where there was. :confused:
I like to use the sound format found on the Blu-Ray disc. It's what the director intended.

As for DTS NeoX, Expendables 2 has it. I heard it even has a channel check.

Go to the site below.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Expendables-2-Blu-ray/33059/

Under "Audio," you can see Neo X listed. Click on "Slipback" under the picture. You'll see Neo X at the bottom of the case.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
I like use the sound format found on the Blu-Ray disc. It's what the director intended.

As for DTS NeoX, Expendables 2 has it. I heard it even has a channel check.

Go to the site below.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Expendables-2-Blu-ray/33059/

Under "Audio," you can see Neo X listed. Click on "Slipback" under the picture. You'll see Neo X at the bottom of the case.
Evidently we were cross posting when I edited---That said, Filmmixer is a poster here on AVS and does the sound for Dolby movies and turned me on to PLIIz which I think works great on both formats...Regardless, with your current speaker configuration I wonder how it would work for you because even with a specific Height track and when you get Dolby Atmos or Auro I am curious if it would be of benefit for you.

39561 - 39580 of 59390 Posts