AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59598 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
After several other HT's and lots of auditioning my dedicated room is filled with RVX42 L/C/R, RSX5 rear, and Sunfire True sub. The electronics and plasma are all Pioneer Elite. It is perfect in the den. Would definitely have gone for larger floor standing speakers but the room wouldn't accomodate them. Love the sytem. Absolutely no regrets. OK, I wish the center could rest on top of the cabinet but it's an aesthetic no-no.

Next up is a new 2 channel in the LR to replace the Ipod/ Klipsch iFi. Too bad Klipsch doesn't make a compact floor standing speaker around 35" high. Any other ideas for a compact floor stander from the Klipsch afficionado's?

·
Registered
308 Posts
What originally sold me on Klipsh reminded me of a pair of JBL bookshelf speakers I had bought (actually my first decent pair of speakers). They had titanium tweeters and had such clear, precise sound (highs in particular). I went through a couple more sets inbetween but none have never matched those relatively inexpensive pair of bookshelfs. It wasn't until I heard Klipsh that I was brought back to that sound. The liveliness, the clarity. After listening to them now, the majority of the speakers I hear sound dull/lifeless and boring. I'm sold!

·
Registered
650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrazek /forum/post/0

Too bad Klipsch doesn't make a compact floor standing speaker around 35" high.
That's exactly how I would describe my RF15's. The RF10's are even smaller:

DIMENSIONS:

34" H x 6.8" W (w/o feet) x 10" D

If by 'compact' you mean a thin speaker like your RVX's, then yeah, you're out of luck. That thin form factor which looks great wall mounted comes with sonic sacrifices with respect to the horn depth and cabinet volume, which is why all the the Klipsch floor standers are traditional 'big' boxes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I first grabbed the promedia 2.1 speakers that klipsch makes. I was absolutely amazed by these things. I am still using them. Since then I have picked up a set of RF-35's, and I will piece together the rest of my system. I am looking for a subwoofer as my next purchase, and may go with the SUB-12.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I moved into my current place my old HT didn't quite cut it so I had to upgrade. Was on a tight budget but managed to find some used RF-3s, a used RC-3, the last open box Pioneer 1014TX in town, and a scratch and dent Outlaw LFM-1(10/10 condition). I bought the Klipsch sight unheard and was a afraid they'd be too harsh but as soon as I hooked everything up I fell in love. Simply the best money I've ever spent on audio. They get loud with little power and I would run them that way but the neighbors complain if I go above -25 on the receiver.
Room is 40x17x10, speakers are amazing, I just wish I had another sub.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Another Klipsch lover here. Dealer too...just for disclosure purposes

We have a dedicated demo theater going in and are trying to decide whether to go with a 9.1 Ultra 2 setup or the Klipsch Pro Cinema speakers (it is a big demo theater!). Sub is a Danley Labs DTS-20 which saved $$ over the 8 Ultra 2 subs we were going to use
. I also have a few smaller Ref systems set up, a Cinema 10 package (which I sell with the Hsu VTF-3) that is KILLER for the $$!) and am debating what Heritage setup to display. Bought, sold and owned Heresy's, Corns, LaScalas and K-Horns over the years along with many Ref series speaks. Klipsch is fun!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrazek /forum/post/0

Too bad Klipsch doesn't make a compact floor standing speaker around 35" high. Any other ideas for a compact floor stander from the Klipsch afficionado's?

They do...two in fact. The RF-52's run 37" tall and the RF-10's run 34" tall. Both are legitimate Klipsch products. PM me if you need more info.

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
RF-7's, RC-7 and 4-RS-7s along with an SVS PB2+. Lovin it....Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi driving them all.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I run a pair of F2 Synergys and a C3 Synergy center running off a Pioneer Elite VSX-72 and am very happy with my setup but will be adding a sub later on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone have experience making a center channel with Klipsch components? I'm wondering if, instead of paying 400 for a C7 to match my KLF30s, I might buy the horns and either 2 10" or 12" drivers from the KLF line, and make one.

I think I'm giong to a projector set up, so I'l lhave plenty of room under the screen for a big center...so let's say I got a KLF-10 for parts...I'm guessing just setting it on its side wouldn't be optimal since the high freqs would be offset to one side. I guess I would do a driver on the left, then stack the two horns in the middle, then a driver on the right? I'm also guessing a 3 way center would be preferable to the 2 way C7?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I currently use RF-35's in the front with an RC-35 center, and RS-25 for surrounds. I have a 12" DIY Stryke Audio av-12 for bass. Currently have an HK-635 but will be comparing against a Pioneer Elite 56txi I picked up.

I have had all the JBL S,N, and E series-great value, but not Klipsch Reference.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa /forum/post/0

Anyone have experience making a center channel with Klipsch components? I'm wondering if, instead of paying 400 for a C7 to match my KLF30s, I might buy the horns and either 2 10" or 12" drivers from the KLF line, and make one.

I think I'm giong to a projector set up, so I'l lhave plenty of room under the screen for a big center...so let's say I got a KLF-10 for parts...I'm guessing just setting it on its side wouldn't be optimal since the high freqs would be offset to one side. I guess I would do a driver on the left, then stack the two horns in the middle, then a driver on the right? I'm also guessing a 3 way center would be preferable to the 2 way C7?

Capa,

I built my center utilizing all klipsch drivers. 2-10" KV1089 woofers, K52 midrange from a KLF30, and a alnico T35 horn tweeter. It timbre matches very nicely with my La Scala's and the bottom end does a good job of keeping up with the La Scala bass.

If you can find a KLF20 or 30 then you could use the cabinet and just change out the front motorboard so you have a horizontal center. Check ebay daily and you will come actoss some. You may have to buy a pair but see if anyone is willing to buy the other one from you or you could build 2 centers and then sell one. Check out my center channel construction page and see if its any help to you.

http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/Custom_Center.html

·
Registered
761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarlton /forum/post/0

My home theater consists of K-horn's
in front with LaScala's in the rear. Center is a KLF-C7, sub is an SVS PB12 plus/2. Run them through McIntosh amps

Holy Smokes ...

In the wrong hands that could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like Klipsch speakers and have owned several models. Currently my setup included Khorns for LR, KG4.4 for center and rear LR with a recent purchase of RS300 as my LR for my 7.1 system. I have a KSW12 as my sub. I power with a Marantz sr9300. My analog system is a michell gyro SE with Van den hul frog cartridge and michell tonearm. I have a Marantz dv8400 and Marantz vp12s2 as a projector. I love the Khorns as my 2 channel when listening to my vinyl. Sweet! One thing however, you need the right room for the khorns to be most effective. My last home, they sounded terrible because of a narrow room

My 7.1 system using the above mentioned system is just outstanding and really brings any movie to life. Some say the horns are too bright but I find them perfect for me. The only speakers that compare IMHO are 3 to 4 times more expensive (such as B&W nautilus series). I listen to music every night (2 or 3 albums) and never get tired of the sound. With a great analog system, I hear every thing from the smallest bell to the thunderous drums with a sound stage that brings the concert home. I am sold on Klipsch.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the Klipsch for HT, but not so much for music. That horn crushes me! The RF 7's are sweet speakers, as are the K-horns, but having a properly designed room for the K-horns is a little ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
RF-7s up front, RS-3IIs sides, RF-3IIs back, RC-3II center ... looking for a good local deal on the RC-7 ... yamaha rx-v1400 ... RMX1450 powers the RF7s ... two SVS PC+ 16-46 ... X1 modded with screenplay firmware ... RB-3s in the bedroom

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh I just gotta blow my horn, if you haven't clicked on my link, my items are

6 RF-7's, mains, rears & surround back channels

RC-7 center channel

RF3ii's are pulling duty for my dual surrounds located above my rf-7 surrounds

RB10's for my presence channels

Dual SVS PC-ULTRA's EQ'd with the velodyne sms-1

All channels are driven with Kenwood km-208 amplifiers (pics not up yet)

APC J-15 power conditioner with battery backup

92" tensioned electric draper projection screen

panasonic pt-ae700u projector

yamaha rxv-757 - until HDMI & HDaudio are firmly established

Buttkicker amp & LFE shakers

Wish list is room treatments, wicked amp & for HDaudio to arrive and be worth paying for!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I auditioned speakers for about a year until a decided to go with the klipsch. In the price range i was looking for the best bang for the buck and best sounding were the klipsch. I paired them with a Pioneer receiver and they sound great for movies and ok for music but that has to do more with my subwoofer that needs replacement soon.

Sony 34XS955

Panasonic DVD-S35

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD

Pioneer VSX-D912

RC-25

RF-15's

RB-10's

KSW-10

21 - 40 of 59598 Posts