AVS Forum banner

58061 - 58080 of 59388 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back up again but some people on Facebook Klipsch site are saying I don't have RS7 or RS3 rear surrounds because on both of those, the copper woofers have black dust caps. Mine are just copper woofers.

Here are some pics. Thanks for anyone's help to identify these rear surrounds!
My guess is that they are either RS-25 (5-1/4in) or RS-35 (6-1/2in).

Jack

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was someone who honestly did not like the Klipsch sound and figured they were just not for me.. I recently spent a good amount of time traveling around listening to speakers, for an upgrade, from Focal - 7xx series, SVS - prime series, Goldenear - Triton (5) series and Paradigm - Premier series.. To my surprise the Klipsch RP series sounded the best, at least to my ears. In the end I ended up with RP-8000F's, RP-504C. RP-500M's for rears..

Anyways just wanted to drop and share my experience for anyone who is considering getting speakers in this price range and like me had a preconceived idea of what Klipsch's sound like..

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
I do like the new RP's more than any other I have owned.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know how the rp4000f sounds compared to the 5000f? I don't have a sub yet but plan to get one eventually. Wondering if the 5000 is worth the extra couple hundred. Will be using them for movies in a 5.0 setup and 2 ch for music.

I can get the former for $448 a pair or the latter for $748. So quite a price bump. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Does anyone know how the rp4000f sounds compared to the 5000f? I don't have a sub yet but plan to get one eventually. Wondering if the 5000 is worth the extra couple hundred. Will be using them for movies in a 5.0 setup and 2 ch for music.

I can get the former for $448 a pair or the latter for $748. So quite a price bump. Is it worth it?
The 4000 - with 4" woofers - is way small for front, I think. (My RP-140SA Atmos speakers have a 4" woofer.) So yes, I vote for the 5000.

RP-4000F: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/RP-4000F_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

RP-5000F: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/RP-5000F_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

For movies a subwoofer is a must have.

·
Registered
260 Posts

[redacted] So quite a price bump. Is it worth it?
Buy the 5000F from Sound Distributors, Paducah Home Theater or Acoustic Sound Design. Call or email them. Stop paying full retail for Klipsch speakers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The 4000 - with 4" woofers - is way small for front, I think. (My RP-140SA Atmos speakers have a 4" woofer.) So yes, I vote for the 5000.

RP-4000F: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/RP-4000F_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

RP-5000F: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/RP-5000F_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf

For movies a subwoofer is a must have.

If you are running a sub, the 4000 will be fine

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
If you are running a sub, the 4000 will be fine
Depends how loudly you play. Based on my previous experience with other RP speakers is you gain greater ability in the mid bass, even with subwoofers as you go up the food chain.
If you listen at moderate levels, I'm sure that the 4000 will be great.

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
Lesson of life. Get the biggest drivers you can afford and fit in your room. This applies to subs and speakers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm building my theater room right now and running wires through walls, will be getting Klipsch for sure. Just wondering what surrounds would be a good choice, something like the RP-500SA that's angled or like the RP-502S but at an ear level. I'll eventually build my way up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. It's kind of a small room 20x10x9. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm building my theater room right now and running wires through walls, will be getting Klipsch for sure. Just wondering what surrounds would be a good choice, something like the RP-500SA that's angled or like the RP-502S but at an ear level. I'll eventually build my way up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. It's kind of a small room 20x10x9. Any advice would be appreciated.
Because the Atmos setup the ear level recommended, so the 500SA not good. If the surrounds are near the listening position the 502S is good, but Dolby recommends monopoles like RP-400M/500M/600M. I use RP-250S (predecessor of 502S) and they are fine in my 5.2.4. I don't know if it could be better or not with monopoles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Because the Atmos setup the ear level recommended, so the 500SA not good. If the surrounds are near the listening position the 502S is good, but Dolby recommends monopoles like RP-400M/500M/600M. I use RP-250S (predecessor of 502S) and they are fine in my 5.2.4. I don't know if it could be better or not with monopoles.
Good to know. I want to avoid using monopoles because I wanted to place them higher near the ceiling, unless I could do the same with the monopoles and not at ear level. Are there other options like using in-wall speakers?

Also, I plan to place the Atmos speakers in the ceiling as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good to know. I want to avoid using monopoles because I wanted to place them higher near the ceiling, unless I could do the same with the monopoles and not at ear level. Are there other options like using in-wall speakers?

Also, I plan to place the Atmos speakers in the ceiling as well.
As I wrote before for Atmos systems the recommended is the ear level, so the "higher near the ceiling" is not a good idea, but if you really want to do that, the 500SA good too, and that is monopole.

Reactions: Nightwing-DG

·
Registered
808 Posts
I was someone who honestly did not like the Klipsch sound and figured they were just not for me.. I recently spent a good amount of time traveling around listening to speakers, for an upgrade, from Focal - 7xx series, SVS - prime series, Goldenear - Triton (5) series and Paradigm - Premier series.. To my surprise the Klipsch RP series sounded the best, at least to my ears. In the end I ended up with RP-8000F's, RP-504C. RP-500M's for rears..

Anyways just wanted to drop and share my experience for anyone who is considering getting speakers in this price range and like me had a preconceived idea of what Klipsch's sound like..

It depends....Klipsche are the some of the best for Home Theater. For pure music I find them a bit on the sharp side. To the OP, I would try and keep my front stage the same brand/model.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts

Irrespective of brand, price, and other’s opinions...it’s the only vote that counts!

Reactions: drh3b

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gonna stick with the rp4000f for fronts. I already have a pair of r51m's for surround from the sale but I was wondering if it would be noticeable at all if I upgraded them to the rp400m's to better match my front, or does it not really matter since they're surrounds?

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
Gonna stick with the rp4000f for fronts. I already have a pair of r51m's for surround from the sale but I was wondering if it would be noticeable at all if I upgraded them to the rp400m's to better match my front, or does it not really matter since they're surrounds?
It depends how sensitive you are to it. Your hearing isn't as sensitive to sounds from behind you, so it's quite possible that you wouldn't notice any difference. I haven't seen anybody directly compare the new RP to the new R, so I have no idea how different or similar the voicing is. I know the RP are less bright than previous non RP models, I'm under the impression the new R are as well, but am not sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Okay thanks. Another question...

I'm having an electrician coming next week to install two in-ceiling speakers for an atmos 5.1.2 setup. My ceiling is quite low. 7 ft exactly. Dolby recommends I believe at least 7 1/2 ft so I'm already below the threshold. To compensate this, I read you want wide-dispersion speakers? is that true? Would the klipsch CDT-5800-C II work?

Or...heard about these RSL C34E speakers. A lot cheaper. Do atmos ceiling speakers really need to be "timber matched" with the rest of my klipsch speakers or would any quality set do?

Any thoughts? The klipsch CDT 5800 2's are $500 a pair. What's that extra money getting me?

·
Registered
429 Posts
As I wrote before for Atmos systems the recommended is the ear level, so the "higher near the ceiling" is not a good idea, but if you really want to do that, the 500SA good too, and that is monopole.
Can get your opinion. I had a 7.2 system. The 4 surrounds are the RS-62II a few inches below the ceiling (9' tall ceiling) and had installed 4 CDT-5800-CII 8' ATMOS speakers in the ceiling. And from reading what you wrote AND I had visited a Magnolia at Best Buy that had a full ATMOS set up, their surround speakers where on the walls and they played an ATMOS demo and I was like WHAT? it was 10X more immersive than my set up. So I feel that I have to lower mine a lot, but I have everything to spec on the position. the side surround is about 110 degrees, but if I lower the sides it would have to be way in front of the MLP maybe 80 degrees if I have it right at ear level.

I have all klipsch 9.3.4

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

58061 - 58080 of 59388 Posts