AVS Forum banner

59181 - 59200 of 59388 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
The ceiling is not an option for me because it's made of concrete. So I still use the RP-140SA's, easy to hang them on the walls and they are tilted downwards by default... so looking to the MLP or just a bit above.

If you want only 2 Atmos speakers, put them as close as you can to the MLP. Almost above, just a bit in front. Do not put them above the fronts.

You can achieve the best Atmos experience with ceiling speakers, so if you can - even it's more expensive - do that!

But keep in mind, Dolby Atmos uses in ceiling overhead speakers (~45-60°), while DTS:X uses Front/Rear HEIGHT speakers (30-45°).
I don't have any pictures of the new place and I am not at home today, but in a few days I will make 1-2 photo for you.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
59 Posts
Currently have the following in my HT and it does not dissapoint.

Center : RC62II

Fronts : R625-FA x2

Side Surround : RP-502S

Rear : R-51M

Sub: R-120SW

Receiver : Pioneer Elite LX503

Sounds amazing and gives more than enough bass

Would you guys recommend upgrading from my RC62II to a RP-504C Center? Would it be a noticeable upgrade in terms of sound or is it about equal?
I went from the RC62II to the RP504C. The difference is not huge. The 504C is more refined on the top end and has a little more mid bass. Again, not night and day. I got the 504C because I purchased a new TV and the RC62II was too tall. 504C fixed that issue. I do really like the looks of the 504C. Is the difference worth the extra cost of a 504C? From a purply sound perspective; not in my opinion. That is my two cents.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
I don't have any pictures of the new place and I am not at home today, but in a few days I will make 1-2 photo for you.

No rush but I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recently upgraded my Klipsch R-25C to their RP-400C, from Crutchfield. My 5.1 takes up a small portion of the open space in the basement, or 10 X 12 area. What a nice upgrade difference in having this Klipsch Premier center speaker. Just Perfect!

Reactions: drh3b

·
Registered
342 Posts
No rush but I do appreciate it.
Here are the photos. It's a 4m x 3m (bed)room, half of a bigger room, separated by a wardrobe. The back of it painted for black, just for the theater feeling.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Thanks a lot man. So I see those rear Atmos speakers, you said you mounted them like that because the ceiling was concrete?

I believe you said if possible do over head in ceiling speakers?

If I was use those same Atmos speakers and could only do front or rear like you. Would you recommend rear?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks a lot man. So I see those rear Atmos speakers, you said you mounted them like that because the ceiling was concrete?

I believe you said if possible do over head in ceiling speakers?

If I was use those same Atmos speakers and could only do front or rear like you. Would you recommend rear?

Yes, concrete, you can see on the first picture. The in-ceiling speakers are the best just in front & above the MLP.
If you want only 2 Atmos speakers and use wall-mounted speakers, the best is the 2 side walls, in line with the MLP or a bit in front. So you will feel everything from above you. If you put front or rear, then you will hear the height speakers from front or from back.... when I had only 2 Atmos speakers used them on side walls:

Attachments

Reactions: hollisesco

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Thats a good idea. My room has one side opened to the kitchen. So sides are a no go.

I would like to do in walls from above. But it's a two story house so I am worried it will be labor intensive. We'll see. I don't have any cash right now anyways so really just planning and thinking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Darkshado...What size room and acoustics? Is there a current issue with subwoofer?
Apologies for the really late reply, The room is 20x13 (feet)

There is no issue with the current subwoofer, was just wondering if another would make a difference in making it sound better overall.

@dprizal thanks for the input, i will just sttick my current RC-62II for now then and save money
@rawimpact i tested my sub R-120SW and i dont hear any noise, maybe it was with previous subs?

@doni01 i notice the one listed there is a R-12SW but the one i have is an R-120SW - would it make a difference seing as they are different models? I might just opt out and wait to get a similar or better model

·
Registered
369 Posts
@doni01 i notice the one listed there is a R-12SW but the one i have is an R-120SW - would it make a difference seing as they are different models? I might just opt out and wait to get a similar or better model[/QUOTE]

It is the same exact model just the newer version.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Anyone upgrade from RP8000 to RF7iii? Will I notice a difference? Mostly home theater usage.
Yes I just went from RP8000's to RF7iii and agree with them being an overall more dynamic and fuller sound - think they are really best best in the Klipsch line if your primary watching is Theater with some music mixed in. If you are primarily 2 channel music then the heritage speakers are probably your best bet!

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I just upgraded my fronts to some 8000Fs and center to a 404C and I am just really struggling. It sounds like the soundstage is in front of me rather than enveloping me. Everything just seems a little weak to be honest, which really surprises me considering how efficient these speakers are. The other odd thing is that it almost feels like I have to pop my ears when watching anything for more than a few minutes. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
So I just upgraded my fronts to some 8000Fs and center to a 404C and I am just really struggling. It sounds like the soundstage is in front of me rather than enveloping me. Everything just seems a little weak to be honest, which really surprises me considering how efficient these speakers are. The other odd thing is that it almost feels like I have to pop my ears when watching anything for more than a few minutes. Any tips?
Play around with the positioning - toe them in and out and see if that makes any difference. You can also try moving the away from the wall or closer. The only other thing to do is to re-run Audyssey and see if you get better results. As for the popping of ears, no clue on that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im thinking of upgrading my center channel speaker from the RC62 to the rp 404 or 504. Do you guys think I would notice a difference? My fronts are rf82

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im thinking of upgrading my center channel speaker from the RC62 to the rp 404 or 504. Do you guys think I would notice a difference? My fronts are rf82
The Premier[RP] would be an upgrade for your current Center. Dialog and clarity will be better across the range. If you have a subwoofer, even better and have an AVR with audio calibration.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
After experimenting with ceiling bounce placements atop my Paradigm Monitor 9 mains, I mounted my RP 500SAs as front heights at 7.5', 12 feet from the MLP. So far, using Dolby Surround, they have really increased the soundstage in terms of envelopment, and the Atmos demos also sounded great. Looking forward to some Atmos track movies.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
After experimenting with ceiling bounce placements atop my Paradigm Monitor 7 mains, I mounted my RP 500SAs as front heights at 7.5', 12 feet from the MLP. So far, using Dolby Surround, they have really increased the soundstage in terms of envelopment, and the Atmos demos also sounded great. Looking forward to some Atmos track movies.

What receiver are you using? I know Denon has had Dolby surround for at least a couple years. But I wasn't sure if that included height speakers as they are advertising some new Dolby il mix that includes height speakers.

59181 - 59200 of 59388 Posts