AVS Forum banner

59241 - 59260 of 59390 Posts

·
Registered
7,606 Posts

Did you see the edit at the top of the article. Sounds like Denon has been in contact with them with conflicting data and they are trying to figure out what the deal is.

Not a very favorable review though as it sits.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did you see the edit at the top of the article. Sounds like Denon has been in contact with them with conflicting data and they are trying to figure out what the deal is.

Not a very favorable review though as it sits.
I see. That's why I said wait a bit for other reviews.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking to upgrade my center channel in a smaller room..I'm only about 8-10 feet from my listening area. I have 2 RB61 as my LR but it appears the RC62 was the match however its discontinued... would the RP500 be an equal match in terms of timbre or should i just search for a used RC62 as my best option?
I have RF82ii's and had a RC62ii. I want to the RP504C and have not had any issues with timber matching. It blends just fine with my RF82ii's. I might not have as sensitive ears as some here. Also, if you have room correction software on your AVR, that probably helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello fellow Klipsch owners, I was wondering if I could get some tips on settings, My current setup was adjusted using the calibration MCACC from my pioneer elite lx 503

Speakers all set to Small
Crossover at 80hz

The Channel level seems to be adjusted at different levels for each speaker

Front Left : +1.0 db
Center: +2.0 db
Front Right +1.0 db
Height Left (atmos) 0.0 db
Height Right (atmos) 0.0 db
Surround Right: -0.5 db
Surround Left: -0.5 db
Surround Back Right: -0.5 db
Surround Back Left: -0.5 db
Subwooferr: -3.0 db

Setup:
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX 503
Center: Klipsch RC-62II
Fronts: Klipsch R-625FA Dolby Atmos floorstanding
Side Surrounds : Klipsch RP-502S
Rear Surround: Klipsch R-51M
Sub: R-120SW ( Ordering a Rhythmik FV15HP as upgrade)

Can someone advise on if there are any settings to increase the vocals / dialog ? Or are they mainly just based on the Movie/Content specifically?
Reason i ask is in some movies like Top Gun, the vocals / center seem lower compared to the rest of the surround but when the surround scenes kick in it gets louder.

Currently I do not go past a total master volume of -10 on my receiver for fear of damaging / blowing the speakers and it usually provides a good enough level of sound, would it be safe to go past -10 or no?

Also, what are the chances of the Height Atmos speakers getting damaged? Reason i ask is i previously had a pair of Onkyo fronts that had built in Atmos at the top but the right one blew, so now i'm weary the same might happen to the built in ones on my R-625FA.

Edit: forgot to add that one of the movies I am asking that I fear might damage the speakers is Transformers: Age of Extinction, seeing as how in the beginning there are huge explosions (aliens dropping the bombs) and i lower the volume from fear that my speakers might get damaged. Would I be okay to leave at a steady -10 or am I correct in lowering it for the specific scenes?

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I just turn up the center speaker. I find that audessy in my Denon also sets the center too low. Other speakers over power dialogue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just turn up the center speaker. I find that audessy in my Denon also sets the center too low. Other speakers over power dialogue.

By turning up do you mean adjusting the channel level? Would you happen to know What is a safe / optimal level to set for the RC-62II?

Also: Just watched Tron:Legacy in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (did not use Neural X this time) and it seemed that the dialog/vocals were Louder, which leads me to believe it just might be an issue with certain movies / shows / content Audio and not the speaker / settings itself. Any idea?

·
Registered
73 Posts
By turning up do you mean adjusting the channel level? Would you happen to know What is a safe / optimal level to set for the RC-62II?

Also: Just watched Tron:Legacy in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (did not use Neural X this time) and it seemed that the dialog/vocals were Louder, which leads me to believe it just might be an issue with certain movies / shows / content Audio and not the speaker / settings itself. Any idea?
I have the RP-500C using Onkyo & Audessy setup and I always have to turn the center channel to max on movies. TV shows are usually fine at about half power, but movies for some reason the dialog just is low. Wish I new a fix for it.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Yes, you would increase the dB on the center channel speaker up a few dB. Try maybe 2-3 dB and see what you think. Your calibration is already running it positive dB so I wouldn't go too crazy boosting it up.

Different content types and even different movies on disc can have different levels depending how they were mixed. There are definitely certain studios that have mixes on their discs louder than other studios.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see. That's why I said wait a bit for other reviews.
Part of the oddity of the review is the comparison of the 4700 to the 3600 in pre-out mode. I am not familiar with any of these personally, but the new line has intrigued me to use as a pre-pro. My understanding is that the pre-out mode is new to the lower lines and the new 3000 series is a 3700 model number. So, I am confused why the reviewer is referencing a 3600 with pre-outs that they just got in April. Not questioning the reviewer's integrity, but it is confusing. My other concern is that the 4700 is more appealing to me only because of the front panel HDMI input, but as you say, perhaps it is better to wait for others to review.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hello fellow Klipsch owners, I was wondering if I could get some tips on settings, My current setup was adjusted using the calibration MCACC from my pioneer elite lx 503

Speakers all set to Small
Crossover at 80hz

The Channel level seems to be adjusted at different levels for each speaker

Front Left : +1.0 db
Center: +2.0 db
Front Right +1.0 db
Height Left (atmos) 0.0 db
Height Right (atmos) 0.0 db
Surround Right: -0.5 db
Surround Left: -0.5 db
Surround Back Right: -0.5 db
Surround Back Left: -0.5 db
Subwooferr: -3.0 db

Setup:
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX 503
Center: Klipsch RC-62II
Fronts: Klipsch R-625FA Dolby Atmos floorstanding
Side Surrounds : Klipsch RP-502S
Rear Surround: Klipsch R-51M
Sub: R-120SW ( Ordering a Rhythmik FV15HP as upgrade)

Can someone advise on if there are any settings to increase the vocals / dialog ? Or are they mainly just based on the Movie/Content specifically?
Reason i ask is in some movies like Top Gun, the vocals / center seem lower compared to the rest of the surround but when the surround scenes kick in it gets louder.

Currently I do not go past a total master volume of -10 on my receiver for fear of damaging / blowing the speakers and it usually provides a good enough level of sound, would it be safe to go past -10 or no?

Also, what are the chances of the Height Atmos speakers getting damaged? Reason i ask is i previously had a pair of Onkyo fronts that had built in Atmos at the top but the right one blew, so now i'm weary the same might happen to the built in ones on my R-625FA.

Edit: forgot to add that one of the movies I am asking that I fear might damage the speakers is Transformers: Age of Extinction, seeing as how in the beginning there are huge explosions (aliens dropping the bombs) and i lower the volume from fear that my speakers might get damaged. Would I be okay to leave at a steady -10 or am I correct in lowering it for the specific scenes?
You’re not going to damage the speakers by turning it up more than -10. Many movies mix dialog differently and some require a master volume increase further than others. Just turn it up and enjoy.

If you have an spl meter, you can check and see if your center was set lower than your other speakers. You will need to use a disc with test tones, not the test tones in the receiver, as they don’t have the MCACC results applied to them. You can always add a decibel or two to your center. Many of us do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will try an increase of 2-3 db on the center and see how that works, would you guys recommend i increase the db on the rest of my speakers based on the settings they are currently set at? I am just wondering if i am running them at under a recommended setting and underpeforming compared to what i can possibly get out of them. Also, i do not have an SPL meter so i am not able too test that, but it is reassuring to hear that I won't damage them by going past -10 db, i was really worried haha.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will try an increase of 2-3 db on the center and see how that works, would you guys recommend i increase the db on the rest of my speakers based on the settings they are currently set at? I am just wondering if i am running them at under a recommended setting and underpeforming compared to what i can possibly get out of them. Also, i do not have an SPL meter so i am not able too test that, but it is reassuring to hear that I won't damage them by going past -10 db, i was really worried haha.
I personally would just leave the rest alone, the room correction is good and helpful, plus if you raise them all you will have the same problem with dialogue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have increased the center by 2 db and will leave the rest as is, thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did search over here and could not find an answer. I am looking for a speaker stand for my Klipcsh RS-41 II Surround speakers. I totally understand that these are kind of old. I will truly appreciate if someone can point me to compatible option.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I did search over here and could not find an answer. I am looking for a speaker stand for my Klipcsh RS-41 II Surround speakers. I totally understand that these are kind of old. I will truly appreciate if someone can point me to compatible option.
Something like this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Adjustable-Height-Satellite-Speaker/dp/B000VRREPG/ref=sr_1_2?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Speaker+Stands&qid=1593827620&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2831345011&sr=8-2&ts_id=509308

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought these for my Klipsch RP-502S surround speakers and they work great, did not have to put adhesive/tapes on the speakers as they fit cleanly and secure without it. Even when pumping the sound they do not move at all

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076X9C7H1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi all,

I could really use your help/suggestions. I put together my current 3.1 setup 10 years ago, and honestly haven't kept up with speakers since until recently.

In short, I'm in a small apartment and my HT area is a 10'x10' area with walls on three of those sides. The other kind of bleeds into an open area and the kitchen/hallway. But the "living room area" is 10x10'. On my couch, which is against a wall, i sit about 7' from my speakers, which are also essentially against a wall. I currently run a 3.1 system with Energy RC-10's as L/R, Energy RC-Mini Center, and a Mirage Prestige S10 sub. My system is driven by a Denon s920w, and is used for 65% HT and 35% music. Music is typically rock/punk but also some pop/r&b.

Honestly it's served me very well the last 10 years. But I feel like the Energy are almost too laid back and I am missing a little excitement from the sound. Especially after spending so much more time at home because of Covid, I really have the itch to explore new speakers. I'd like to keep the budget for L/R to $500ish max if possible.

SO - obviously any research into speakers in the last few years will bring up the Klipsch rp-600m. The Energy RC-10's have a 5.5" woofer, so larger than your typical 5.25" speakers, but smaller than the 6.5"s. In my space, I worry the 600m might be a little too much and the 500m would be more appropriate. However, I know the loss of size is not just max volume, but can also affect other tonal characteristics. I tried searching the thread and saw relatively few comparisons between the 500m and 600m speakers.

Since the sub is still fine and will work with any speakers, I'm not replacing that right now, but will def be running it in the new system. Would the sub make up for any shortcomings of the 500ms? Does anyone know what other characteristics I might miss out on? Maybe the 600ms are just overall better and I should just do it as I might have more space in the future.

I also looked at, and found, a refurb rp-500c for my center.

Any thoughts on this would be so very much appreciated. 500m vs 600m, any other ideas, thoughts on the 500c, etc. Thank you in advance from a possible future Klipsch owner :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hi all,

I could really use your help/suggestions. I put together my current 3.1 setup 10 years ago, and honestly haven't kept up with speakers since until recently.

In short, I'm in a small apartment and my HT area is a 10'x10' area with walls on three of those sides. The other kind of bleeds into an open area and the kitchen/hallway. But the "living room area" is 10x10'. On my couch, which is against a wall, i sit about 7' from my speakers, which are also essentially against a wall. I currently run a 3.1 system with Energy RC-10's as L/R, Energy RC-Mini Center, and a Mirage Prestige S10 sub. My system is driven by a Denon s920w, and is used for 65% HT and 35% music. Music is typically rock/punk but also some pop/r&b.

Honestly it's served me very well the last 10 years. But I feel like the Energy are almost too laid back and I am missing a little excitement from the sound. Especially after spending so much more time at home because of Covid, I really have the itch to explore new speakers. I'd like to keep the budget for L/R to $500ish max if possible.

SO - obviously any research into speakers in the last few years will bring up the Klipsch rp-600m. The Energy RC-10's have a 5.5" woofer, so larger than your typical 5.25" speakers, but smaller than the 6.5"s. In my space, I worry the 600m might be a little too much and the 500m would be more appropriate. However, I know the loss of size is not just max volume, but can also affect other tonal characteristics. I tried searching the thread and saw relatively few comparisons between the 500m and 600m speakers.

Since the sub is still fine and will work with any speakers, I'm not replacing that right now, but will def be running it in the new system. Would the sub make up for any shortcomings of the 500ms? Does anyone know what other characteristics I might miss out on? Maybe the 600ms are just overall better and I should just do it as I might have more space in the future.

I also looked at, and found, a refurb rp-500c for my center.

Any thoughts on this would be so very much appreciated. 500m vs 600m, any other ideas, thoughts on the 500c, etc. Thank you in advance from a possible future Klipsch owner :)
I don't have experience with either speaker, but I'm a firm believer that you don't have to fit the speaker to the space. Regardless if your room is small or large, you can always have a benefit from going with the larger speaker. As long as the 600m will fit in it, I would go with those.

59241 - 59260 of 59390 Posts