AVS Forum banner

59261 - 59280 of 59390 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi all,

I could really use your help/suggestions. I put together my current 3.1 setup 10 years ago, and honestly haven't kept up with speakers since until recently.

[. . .]

Thank you in advance from a possible future Klipsch owner /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I don't have experience with either speaker, but I'm a firm believer that you don't have to fit the speaker to the space. Regardless if your room is small or large, you can always have a benefit from going with the larger speaker. As long as the 600m will fit in it, I would go with those.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. I was thinking along those lines as well. The 600s will fit space-wise.

Curious if anyone else can compare the 500s to the 600s in a meaningful way.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. I was thinking along those lines as well. The 600s will for space-wise.

Curious if anyone else can compare the 500s to the 600s in a meaningful way.

I can tell you that I love the 600s. Very impressed with them. I have them paired with a 450c. Great setup.

Unless your budget is constrained the 600s are good and you won't regret it down the road

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've never compared the RP-500M with the RP-600M however I did with the R-51M. Other than the R-51M sounding a bit brighter than the RP-600M the larger woofer as expected presented more bass even when they were both crossed over at 80 or 90 Hz. The 600M had a wider presence with a fuller range of sound in my opinion. Even though my theater is the size of a typical small bedroom I found the RP-600M to be perfect and not too large at all. My center speaker uses dual 6" woofers as well.

Reactions: cash banquet

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can tell you that I love the 600s. Very impressed with them. I have them paired with a 450c. Great setup.

Unless your budget is constrained the 600s are good and you won't regret it down the road
I've never compared the RP-500M with the RP-600M however I did with the R-51M. Other than the R-51M sounding a bit brighter than the RP-600M the larger woofer as expected presented more bass even when they were both crossed over at 80 or 90 Hz. The 600M had a wider presence with a fuller range of sound in my opinion. Even though my theater is the size of a typical small bedroom I found the RP-600M to be perfect and not too large at all. My center speaker uses dual 6" woofers as well.
Seriously, thank you. I'm gonna go for the 600m's. I found an open box online in my price range, so thinking I might jump on that. (OTOH, I'm usually totally good with open box and refurb items but frankly it's not that much difference so I may just buy "new" haha.)

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Seriously, thank you. I'm gonna go for the 600m's. I found an open box online in my price range, so thinking I might jump on that. (OTOH, I'm usually totally good with open box and refurb items but frankly it's not that much difference so I may just buy "new" haha.)

Mine were scratch and dent at cruchfield. Got a good discount and they look totally fine.

Also got my center scratch and dent and it had a bit more damage but nothing I can notice from the couch.

·
Registered
182 Posts

I purchased mine new from Crutchfield for $472 when they were having a sale. You could also contact Mike Embers at Acoustic Sound & Design. Both are authorized Klipsch dealers.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Yeah it seems like a bad idea to pay full price for Klipsch. They are often in sale. Cruchfield will also refund you the difference if they go on sale down the road. I think maybe up to 60 days.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah it seems like a bad idea to pay full price for Klipsch. They are often in sale. Cruchfield will also refund you the difference if they go on sale down the road. I think maybe up to 60 days.

That's correct.

Acoustic Sound & Design is one of Klipsch's largest authorized dealers. Since they get so much product in they resort to marking down a lot of items so they can move inventory through. Sometimes half off. It may not show on their website but if you ask you might get a great deal. Keep in mind though some items maybe either open box, refurbished or B-stock which according to Klipsch don't carry the same five year warranty unless you purchase new from an authorized dealer so make sure you either look for it or bring it up in the conversation so you fully understand what your buying.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
That's correct.

Acoustic Sound & Design is one of Klipsch's largest authorized dealers. Since they get so much product in they resort to marking down a lot of items so they can move inventory through. Sometimes half off. It may not show on their website but if you ask you might get a great deal. Keep in mind though some items maybe either open box, refurbished or B-stock which according to Klipsch don't carry the same five year warranty unless you purchase new from an authorized dealer so make sure you either look for it or bring it up in the conversation so you fully understand what your buying.

Right now they show that the rp600m is in store only. Maybe not true? They had a coupon TV15 which may still be active. Scored a sweet deal on a denon x3500 with it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Also from what I understand Sound Distributors is also the same dealer as Acoustic Sound Design.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Agreed on the full price thing, be sure to check out Frys if they still have klipsch as i bought my RP-502S surrounds there for 399 last year brand new - on sale

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Agreed on the full price thing, be sure to check out Frys if they still have klipsch as i bought my RP-502S surrounds there for 399 last year brand new - on sale

Dang. Smoking deal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah, I didn't believe it when I saw it so went to store ASAP and confirmed with them 3 times to make sure lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine were scratch and dent at cruchfield. Got a good discount and they look totally fine.

Also got my center scratch and dent and it had a bit more damage but nothing I can notice from the couch.
I purchased mine new from Crutchfield for $472 when they were having a sale. You could also contact Mike Embers at Acoustic Sound & Design. Both are authorized Klipsch dealers.
This was great feedback! I'm grabbing a scratch and dent pair from crutchfield today. Talked to a rep and he confirmed they retain the original klipsch warranty. Not quite as cheap as BeeAVision got, but way less than msrp.

I'll update when they get here!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thinking about switching my center from a 404C to 600C. I've heard that I'll get more oomph from less, but larger woofers. What do you think given mysetup listed in my signature?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all,

A pretty serious novice in the audiophile world, but also not a fan doing it wrong, so my question to you all is:

Current room is a medium size but it's a shotgun style 4 story townhouse, so although my living room is only about 13-14' deep, it's very, very long with 14' ceilings.

Currently have a Denon AVRX-1600H and since I moved from a house that had a bedroom size theater room I currently have the old Energy Take Classic 5.1 setup, which used to be fine. For now, I have no desire for even a 5.1 setup and am looking at a 3.1 for time being. That said, I have my eyes on a pair of Klipsch RP-400M's coupled with a RP-400C center. I will retain the 8" Energy sub for now and hope it provides enough base for this setup... The 400M's can be had on Amazon right now for $258... Which I believe is a pretty good deal.

Any issues with this setup?

Although I may be undersizing for the time being, I feel this would sound pretty good after running RC and upgrading would be easy as I could always move the 400M's to surrounds when I was ready for a 5.1.

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
4,777 Posts
Hey all,

A pretty serious novice in the audiophile world, but also not a fan doing it wrong, so my question to you all is:

Current room is a medium size but it's a shotgun style 4 story townhouse, so although my living room is only about 13-14' deep, it's very, very long with 14' ceilings.

Currently have a Denon AVRX-1600H and since I moved from a house that had a bedroom size theater room I currently have the old Energy Take Classic 5.1 setup, which used to be fine. For now, I have no desire for even a 5.1 setup and am looking at a 3.1 for time being. That said, I have my eyes on a pair of Klipsch RP-400M's coupled with a RP-400C center. I will retain the 8" Energy sub for now and hope it provides enough base for this setup... The 400M's can be had on Amazon right now for $258... Which I believe is a pretty good deal.

Any issues with this setup?

Although I may be undersizing for the time being, I feel this would sound pretty good after running RC and upgrading would be easy as I could always move the 400M's to surrounds when I was ready for a 5.1.

Thanks for any help
Sounds like a solid plan. You probably won't be able to play too loudly with such small speakers, but the setup should sound good until you reach their limits. I had some RP150m for a short time, which is a size up previous generation, and I was impressed how good they sounded, even without a subwoofer, with music anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
@Br0s...You will be just fine with the Klipsch mentioned. Yes, I concur as a plan.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thinking about switching my center from a 404C to 600C. I've heard that I'll get more oomph from less, but larger woofers. What do you think given my setup listed in my signature?
Myself, I don't think there will be any great noticeable difference. The RP-404C might be even better. You can try the RP-600C and return if no noticeable difference. Everyone's ears are not the same. Good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Myself, I don't think there will be any great noticeable difference. The RP-404C might be even better. You can try the RP-600C and return if no noticeable difference. Everyone's ears are not the same. Good luck
Thanks. I've just felt like my center is a bit small compared to the RP-8000F's. I also found an RP-450C for $300, but I've heard that I shouldn't mix klipsch series, but I can't imagine there being much of a difference between the 2017 and 2018 RP line. Do you think the RP-450C would match the rest of my speakers well?

59261 - 59280 of 59390 Posts