AVS Forum banner

59521 - 59540 of 59594 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was thinking down the line to upgrade my RF 7s to cornwall IV as well and potentially do an LCR, would love to know your thoughts using them for HT and what you wind up doing for a center!!!!
Well I placed the order for the Heresy IV and we shall see. As for the Cornwall for HT, can’t say yet as I’ve just been listening to music thus far and they are incredible for that. Sound stage is unreal with instruments placed in space, vocal dead center to the point I have gotten up to be sure center wasn’t playing. I have Revel F208 in my living room system and they cost 5k a pair. (My wife used to work for Harman and so got them for employee price) but they aren’t in the same league as the Cornwall. Also, just FYI, I got the Cornwall from eBay as B stock, same as my RF7. Both the RF7 and Cornwall are indistinguishable from new, and I saved over 1200 on the Cornwall. Also substantial saving on RF7.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's good too! For an Atmos speaker you need a monopole speaker and have to aim to the MLP. With a 41SA it's easy because it's already "aimed", so just you need to wallmount. Easy use, but overpriced (because of this). The 41s is a better speaker I think, so if you have an adjustable mount go ahead!
Thanks Renatto (y) After much thought, something keeps pulling me towards the 41SA elevations. While the R41M's are considerably cheaper, i decided to go ahead an order the 41SA's. Wife says she likes the look of the SA's better than a regular speaker being they'll be high on the wall. Funny, cause she seldom cares and doesn't even know what they're used for. As long as she can hear what's going on, she would normally give a rat's a$$ about any of my equipment. Now, if i were to mention moving a piece of furniture, she'd be all over my butt. :oops:

Thanks again for your help. At my age (70), sometimes help is needed in a decision making process.

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,272 Posts
And in interests of full disclosure, my memory isn’t what it used to be. I realized I posted a somewhat similar thread separately. Apologies. But I’m now finding it’s not easy, or perhaps not possible to order just one Heresy. I did put one in my cart at Crutchfield but there is a warning on screen which says only sold in pairs. Anyone know for sure! Chatted with 2 different advisors and they didn’t know. One said no, then changed his mind. Next one said he didn’t think they were sold individually. I did order one. We shall see if it works or they cancel it. First advisor told me when u put one in it changes it to two but u can edit it to one. Well, he was wrong in that it didn’t change it to two. They lost them as pairs and as individual speakers.
That's weird. The Heresy was originally designed as a center speaker for two bigger Klipsch speakers for 3 channel stereo back in the day.
At least with Crutchfield, you should be able to return it if you decide it doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question, does Klipsch make a decent speaker that can be mounted in a tray ceiling? I currently have the 8000f's w/ 504c and the big hsu sw. Just doing a 5.1 to go with an 80" hdtv. Unfortunately, my room is large at 19x42 (family room connects directly into the kitchen. Not able to place rear speakers on the floor. I'd like to replace the bose cubes I have mounted in the tray with something that matches my front speakers.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I always thought having the cornwall for center as well for HT would be advantageous as a lot of the reviews mention how brilliantly they resolve vocals. So for center channel duty (speech) i thought they'd excel. However, if the heresy is just as good but just doesn't have the lower end should be fine, I'd love to hear a cornwall vs heresy comparison as well. As to the height issue, a lot of people on the klipsch forum always mention putting the speaker on its side. Cant wait to hear more of your thoughts! I got my RF 7s very cheap (closeout when rf 7 ii came out), so half price brand new. I might have to wait for a cornwall v to get the iv's or get them second hand. Still well outside my price range. I also don't know if now is the right time. Finishing my basement build but we may move in a few years, I wouldn't want to damage them in a move if I can wait a few years be in a longer term place, and be able to get then cheaper. My room is also very small, 12x12 and is be 7-8 ft from the speakers, so not sure if they'd really be able to shine in that space

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can someone let me know if my proposed changes will match?

Current:
Front L/R: Klipsch VF-35
Center: Klipsch R-34C
Surround: Klipsch VF-35

Want to replace my fronts and surround as well as add Atmos with new Denon soon.

What I'm thinking of going to:

Front L/R: Klipsch RP-280F
Surround: Klipsch RP-502S or RP-402S

Will the front and surround be too much for the center?

Open to any suggestions/recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts

Current:

Want to replace my fronts and surround as well as add Atmos with new Denon soon.

The center won't quite match the RP, but I don't know how different the sound is, if it's enough to be an issue. When you run Audyssey with the new Denon, it might get the sound close enough that you don't notice or aren't bothered by the difference.
Will the RP be able to play louder (at least the RP-280f), yes, but that will only matter if you play louder than the R-34c can handle. If you aren't having problems now, you won't with the new speakers(getting distorted at loud volumes).
If you are, I'd replace the R-34c with an RP-450c, which I think is on permanent sale for about $400, at least when it's in stock.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Current:

Black Friday Deals

You can take advantage of the RP sale and add coupon Tv15 at checkout for an extra 15% off.

RP-280F and RP-450C

Or RP-8000F with RP-504C

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a pair of Klipsch KLF-20's that have served me well for 23 years. But, now one of the 10" woofers in one speaker is dying. Pretty sure it's that driver, and not the baffles coming unglued on the cabinets. The rubber surrounds are a little faded looking, but they're not coming apart, and there are no holes or tears in the cone or dust cap. I can't detect any rubbing or scraping noises indicative of a warped voice coil. Klipsch doesn't seem to be selling replacement woofers

Anyone out there found a good replacement 10" woofer that would wire up and drop right in without modifications?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I decided to put my new rears the klipsch rp-600m's in front duties to test out their abilities and i must say they are deserving of their reputation. I actually feel like they are better than my klipsch rp-280f's.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I decided to put my new rears the klipsch rp-600m's in front duties to test out their abilities and i must say they are deserving of their reputation. I actually feel like they are better than my klipsch rp-280f's.
Are you using a subwoofer with your bookshelf speakers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone compared the rp600c to the rp504c? I am running the rp6000f’s as my L/R and need a good center for home theater duty.
I just recently got the RP-504C...man...wow...it totally brought my system to life! I've got a 23 year old pair of KLF-20's...similar to the RP-8000F's or maybe even RX-7 III. And I had originally bought too small a center channel speaker. The RP-504C is a match for my big towers, and dialogue is clear and reproduces the full center sound stage rivalling my mains, and even overpowering them when needed. I'm just running 5.1 for now with a 15" powered sub, and the surrounds are small, but they seem fine.

I too was curious about the RP600C, but opted for the RP-504C for the wider presence, and because it's the perfect size and shape for my 65" LG C9 to sit on. I didn't go out and audition either speaker before buying though. Just took a chance and had it delivered...loving it :)

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Yes a rythmik l12 sealed subwoofer. But i also used it with the rp 280f's.
What was better about the bookshelfs in your case?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
The highs are more refined and the mids are even keel where the rp-280f's are too laid back sometimes. I personally feel the 280f crossover isnt dialed in right.
I've heard similar things from others and I've found something very similar in my setup when doing measurements based on tweeter height to ears. I wonder if you had your bookshelf tweeters exact same height off the floor as the towers? Usually towers being little high and on plynth angled base and if your ears are 5 inches or so below the tweeter you will get cancellation notch at the crossover frequency depending how far back you are. The further back you are from speaker, the higher the tweeter is above your ears due to angle of bottom plate base.

I can do that testing again maybe over weekend to see the diff between my towers and bookshelfs and compare. Only thing is the 6.5 inch mid break up and distort sooner at very loud levels before the towers will due to larger 8 inch mids. But we are talking very loud levels here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all! I’m wondering if anyone is using one of Klipsch’s WDST surround speakers in at atmos setup? My room (narrow, couch up against the wall) would probably be neat with in-wall bipole speakers (or dipole but I want to run atmos). I am looking at the Klipsch R-5650-S II but I’m not sure how they would work with atmos. Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a 5.1.2 system using Elac Debut 2.0 speakers for L/C/R (b5.2 & c5.2). Mostly HT. Unfortunately, old ears and damaged hearing makes dialog clarity a problem for me. A major retailer has suggested the Klipsch RP-450c as a cc replacement. Opinions ?

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I have a 5.1.2 system using Elac Debut 2.0 speakers for L/C/R (b5.2 & c5.2). Mostly HT. Unfortunately, old ears and damaged hearing makes dialog clarity a problem for me. A major retailer has suggested the Klipsch RP-450c as a cc replacement. Opinions ?
It would probably be clearer than Elac Debut. Get it from somewhere like Crutchfield where you can return for $10 if it doesn't work out for you

59521 - 59540 of 59594 Posts