AVS Forum banner

59541 - 59560 of 59609 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
It would probably be clearer than Elac Debut. Get it from somewhere like Crutchfield where you can return for $10 if it doesn't work out for you
Yeah, that's who I was talking with. I'm thinking of trying both the Klipsch 450c and the new Elac Uni-Fi c52 and return the loser. May need to match up the L/C/R as a result. I've also tried to use their music compare via headphones but not the best conditions for critical determinations.

Reactions: drh3b

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, that's who I was talking with. I'm thinking of trying both the Klipsch 450c and the new Elac Uni-Fi c52 and return the loser. May need to match up the L/C/R as a result. I've also tried to use their music compare via headphones but not the best conditions for critical determinations.
I just sold my RP-250c because I felt it couldn't keep up with my rp-260f speakers, I also have a wide seating area and off angle couldlnt hear audio well. I briefly considering swapping to something else completely (jbl or emotiva) but don't think there's a better bang for the buck then the old RP and I do 90% tv/movies so ordered an RP-450c. I got it from electronics expo for $315 before tax with the coupon they have.

The talk of towers vs bookshelves is interesting because I also need to update my sub from the Dayton sub-1200 I have now

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm using AudioSource LS-300C as a center for my Klipsch, it's working fine. I'm sure a Polk T30 would work fine also. You don't need to spend 2,3 or $500 for a center, I'm saying that so people who cannot spend that kind of money, know that low priced center will work fine also.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Opinions please. I currently have a RP-500C for my center. It is good but still not quite what I want for voices. Considering upgrading to RP-504C, would it be worth it? Would it be a noticeable difference? Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am currently running the rp-504c and I am thinking about the rc 64 lll. Does anyone know how the rc64lll will integrate with my rp6000f mains? Is there a big sound profile difference?

·
Registered
118 Posts
What happened to this thread? No posts for 30 days? It’s like the Twilight Zone...

Anyway, picked up a pair of JBL Studio 530s and the matching 520c center during their Black Friday sale. They’re not wowing me so far, and I’m having to push my Denon S750H receiver uncomfortably close to reference levels for most movies. The JBLs are 6 ohm/86 db and rather than upgrade my receiver, I’m thinking about returning the JBLs and trying out some Klipsch instead.

I’m strongly leaning towards the RB-81 II with an RC-62 II center. Would I be better off picking up a pair of the newer RP-600m and a different center, though? This is for a 5.1 home theater setup in my medium sized bedroom. What would be a decent, but affordable, surround choice?

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,286 Posts
I’m strongly leaning towards the RB-81 II with an RC-62 II center. Would I be better off picking up a pair of the newer RP-600m and a different center, though? This is for a 5.1 home theater setup in my medium sized bedroom.
Both will be able to play a little louder than the JBLs. The RP will be more neutral sounding, the RB will be brighter, harsh to some people. To play a lot louder, you need to get towers like the RP-280f, RP-6000f or RP8000f.

Reactions: Jason Merrick

·
Registered
118 Posts
Both will be able to play a little louder than the JBLs. The RP will be more neutral sounding, the RB will be brighter, harsh to some people. To play a lot louder, you need to get towers like the RP-280f, RP-6000f or RP8000f.
Would love to have towers, but they just won’t work in my bedroom setup.

Reactions: drh3b

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
What happened to this thread? No posts for 30 days? It’s like the Twilight Zone...

Anyway, picked up a pair of JBL Studio 530s and the matching 520c center during their Black Friday sale. They’re not wowing me so far, and I’m having to push my Denon S750H receiver uncomfortably close to reference levels for most movies. The JBLs are 6 ohm/86 db and rather than upgrade my receiver, I’m thinking about returning the JBLs and trying out some Klipsch instead.

I’m strongly leaning towards the RB-81 II with an RC-62 II center. Would I be better off picking up a pair of the newer RP-600m and a different center, though? This is for a 5.1 home theater setup in my medium sized bedroom. What would be a decent, but affordable, surround choice?
The 520c is not a good center. I also have the infinity RC263 on order but I'm using JBL 590's up front. The 530's make great surrounds though. Tons of detail. More than I've experienced with any other speaker I've used as a surround.

Reactions: Jason Merrick

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Since I’ve really started focusing on two-channel, I replaced my front three speakers (2x RF-7II and an RC-64II) with two Klipsch Cornwall IVs and a Klipsch Heresy IV. The Heritage series speakers are mind-blowing overall and quite different than my Reference IIs were. While I‘ll always love my RF-7IIs, the midrange detail with the Cornwalls is unbelievable and the new speakers are both smoother and more detailed.

I still use RS-62IIs as side and rear surrounds and RB-81IIs / AW-525s as overheads and I don’t notice any issues with them blending well with my Heritage front three.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a pair of the first Klipsch Fortes. A few days ago I had an opportunity to listen to the Cornwall IV for the first time. It was an emotional experience, one that I have only had one other time in my life while listening to music and that was through a pair of Lansche 9.2. The Cornwall IV is at the top of my list for purchase. I was truly blown away by what I heard.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I currently have Polk in-walls that actually sound pretty good, but like many on this forum am looking at upgrading my system. At first I thought about other in-walls but have had increased interest in on-walls. One of the ones I've been looking at are the RP-640D Klipsch and figured best to ask in the Klipsch section. My question is about the tweeter. On my Polk's the tweeter are adjustable and I can aim it towards the MLP -noticable difference between them not being adjusted and adjusted. My question about Klipsch, especially the wall mounted versions, how is the aiming of the tweeter done if at all? Does the LTS Tweeters (Linear Travel Suspension ) on Klipsch have a wide enough dispersion? My MLP is 10 feet from a 75" screen with L/R speakers at about 15 degrees and my center speaker is mounted above the TV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never listened to the RP-640D so I cannot give you my impressions. What I can share is my experience with my Klipsch speakers that might help you in your decision.

I am running an 11.2.4 Atmos setup using a pair of Klipsch pro 4800w as front height speakers. These in-wall speakers have a directional tweeter that adjusts from aiming straight or at a downward angle ( the exact degree is not in the manual). It's not idea but I did not want to cut into my ceiling to install speakers at the risk of affecting the soundproofing on my dedicated room. Can I hear a difference when I adjust the tweeter's angle? Barely. I wish the angle of the entire speaker could be adjusted.

For surround LR and surround back speakers I am using Klipsch reference RV-42, on-wall speakers. The angle of the tweeter cannot be adjusted but they look similar to the rp640 d. They work great in my room and could work as mains in a small room with good subs.

Can I ask what model are your Polk? What are the polks missing that have you considering upgrading them?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My current set-up is Polk 255c-Rt center, Polk V85 L/R (8" woofer), Polk 6.5 rears, and a SVS PB2000 sub. The sound is actually really good for TV watching but doesn't have that "theater" sound when played at higher volume (for movies). I'm thinking maybe I'm pushing the limits of my speakers as the sound starts sounding a little 'tinny'. If I rated my current set-up I would put it at a 5-6 out of 10 (I was a previous professional musician about 30 years ago so know what sounds good to me). I'm accepting I'll never reach a 10 out 10 unless I spend a whole lot more then I'm willing to spend, but would like to get better than what I have. I was looking at other in-walls and now expanding to on-walls (I don't want floor mounted towers or bookshelves). The limits on other in-walls is finding a center speaker that fits between standard 16" studs (TV is mounted to those studs as well).

·
Registered
Sony 65x900h, Yam RXV6A, Klipsch RP8000F, RP504C, RP500SA, RP600M, SMSL SU8, MD THXAAA789, SennHD6XX
230 Posts
I was looking at other in-walls and now expanding to on-walls (I don't want floor mounted towers or bookshelves). The limits on other in-walls is finding a center speaker that fits between standard 16" studs (TV is mounted to those studs as well).
Just because you have some in-wall speakers does not mean your center speaker has to be one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never listened to your specific model of speakers so I cannot comment on the sound. When you say "theater" sound what do you mean? Dynamics?
  • What are the dimensions of your room?
    • Is the room carpeted?
  • What is the model of your AVR?
  • What is your seating distance from your front LRC speakers?
    • Are your LRC speakers positioned at ear level?
It took trial and error plus wasted cash to get to the point that I am at now with my HT. I hope to save you from that headache.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have never listened to your specific model of speakers so I cannot comment on the sound. When you say "theater" sound what do you mean? Dynamics?
  • What are the dimensions of your room?
    • Is the room carpeted?
  • What is the model of your AVR?
  • What is your seating distance from your front LRC speakers?
    • Are your LRC speakers positioned at ear level?
It took trial and error plus wasted cash to get to the point that I am at now with my HT. I hope to save you from that headache.
By 'theater' sound I'm referring to it doesn't sound as big. The sound at higher volumes fills the room (although more tinny at higher volumes, which is why I'm thinking I'm pushing my present speakers), but never has that big sound. My room is an 18 x 20 carpeted room, the AVS is a Yamaha RX-V379. My MLP is10 feet from the TV/in-wall speakers, the center is dead center and mounted above the TV (the tweeter is angled down about 10 degrees) and the L/R are 5 feet outwards from the center (about half way between the center height and ear height). With the TV it was a choice between above or below for the center and not having much room below I went with above, the center is about 2 feet above ear level..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those of you who have owned RP-8000Fs for a while, how have you been toeing in your speakers? I have mine crossing at exactly the pseudo MLP and I’ve been pretty happy, but I’m always looking for more first
-hand feedback.

I say “pseudo MLP” because I don’t actually have a main listening point. We have a loveseat and straddle the center between the two seating positions. So whichever seat you’re in, neither of the main speakers are fully on-axis. My placement is pretty close to a perfect equilateral triangle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those of you who have owned RP-8000Fs for a while, how have you been toeing in your speakers? I have mine crossing at exactly the pseudo MLP and I’ve been pretty happy, but I’m always looking for more first
-hand feedback.

I say “pseudo MLP” because I don’t actually have a main listening point. We have a loveseat and straddle the center between the two seating positions. So whichever seat you’re in, neither of the main speakers are fully on-axis. My placement is pretty close to a perfect equilateral triangle.
That’s how I set them up too. Tried different things and aimed at the center of the MLP seems to work best.

59541 - 59560 of 59609 Posts