3,223 Posts

Reactions: wilfredent

·
Registered
3,223 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
anyone have recommendations on how to mount the klipsch rp-500sa? is it just with a nail/screw on wall or is there a safer/better way?

Reactions: SanchoPanza

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
^^^ it’s keyholed for such, just use dry-wall anchors, if appropriate...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
JEM Performance Audio returned my AA Crossovers to Klipsch Specs using OEM parts, rapidly & for a trivial amount.

He rec’d them Friday, & he finished today!

Klipsch Authorized Restorer

Reactions: darkshadoku

·
Registered
289 Posts
My RF-7 delivery got delayed, was supposed to get them today now the freight company said Wednesday :cry:

Reactions: SanchoPanza

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey peeps! Hoping to hear some others' observations and see if they may be similar to my own ...

Klipsch RC-62ii vs R-25C

I had been using the Klipsch R-25C for about a year or so (upgraded from Polk CSC1 Series 2) and it fit in very well with my newly purchased JBL Studio-570 floorstanders. However, given that my usage is mostly tv/movies I know that the center speaker is extremely important so I wanted to upgrade it again to one with a bigger woofer. I wanted the Infinity RC-263 but it wouldn't fit so I chose the Klipsch RC-62ii.

My first impression was that there was hardly any discernable difference, which was a huge disappointment. It seemed the highs on the 25C were clearer or something? Less weight to the sound than the RC-62ii, but clearer? Not sure if that's because the horn is a little different or because it's sealed instead of front-ported or because it's trying to do less, I don't know. I've since broken the RC-62ii in a bit more and I'm still on the fence. When I turned off the other speakers and listened solely to the center, the difference was much more noticeable, with sound effects and explosions and really everything all around having more body and feel and sounding better overall. But once blended into the rest of the soundstage it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

Has anyone heard these two speakers? Made any comparisons? Have any advice? Stories?

I am still within my return window for the RC-62ii for a few more days.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hey peeps! Hoping to hear some others' observations and see if they may be similar to my own ...

Klipsch RC-62ii vs R-25C

I had been using the Klipsch R-25C for about a year or so (upgraded from Polk CSC1 Series 2) and it fit in very well with my newly purchased JBL Studio-570 floorstanders. However, given that my usage is mostly tv/movies I know that the center speaker is extremely important so I wanted to upgrade it again to one with a bigger woofer. I wanted the Infinity RC-263 but it wouldn't fit so I chose the Klipsch RC-62ii.

My first impression was that there was hardly any discernable difference, which was a huge disappointment. It seemed the highs on the 25C were clearer or something? Less weight to the sound than the RC-62ii, but clearer? Not sure if that's because the horn is a little different or because it's sealed instead of front-ported or because it's trying to do less, I don't know. I've since broken the RC-62ii in a bit more and I'm still on the fence. When I turned off the other speakers and listened solely to the center, the difference was much more noticeable, with sound effects and explosions and really everything all around having more body and feel and sounding better overall. But once blended into the rest of the soundstage it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

Has anyone heard these two speakers? Made any comparisons? Have any advice? Stories?

I am still within my return window for the RC-62ii for a few more days.
What fronts are you using?
your old-center is identical to my Klipch icon except mines not copper spun woofers but img .
have you tried and movies or louder listening? I don’t have understand why RC-62ii is worse ...maybe preference

·
Registered
217 Posts
The R-25c has a aluminum tweeter, and the box is sealed The RC-62 II had a titanium tweeter, and the box is ported. I would think they sound a little bit different since the tweeters are different, and one is sealed and the other is ported. They do both have the same 98db spl output per 1 watt. I'd return the RC-62 II if you feel the difference is minimal. I have the RC-62 II, and I've been happy with it, but I never had or heard the R-25C. I'd say Return it, and start researching other center channel speakers. Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What fronts are you using?
your old-center is identical to my Klipch icon except mines not copper spun woofers but img .
have you tried and movies or louder listening? I don’t have understand why RC-62ii is worse ...maybe preference
My fronts are a pair of JBL Studio 570 Floorstanding speakers. They actually blend rather nicely with the Klipsch line from what I can tell.

I'd still like to test a little more, just having trouble finding good content to test the center vs the others.
While testing the center speaker by itself is likely to show more differences, that's not practical in real life terms so I don't want to focus on that.
This may be my last good chance at upgrading the center speaker affordably so I want to test it properly before making a decision.
Only have a few days left, though ...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
^^^ CALL Cory at Paducah Home Theater CALL

Adorama for close outs. Check Slickdeals, Newegg.

Reactions: darkshadoku

·
Registered
289 Posts
Who's got the best klipsch deals right now?

I must agree with @SanchoPanza on that. I called Cory at Paducah and got an amazing deal.

also just a note, just received my RF7-III's and my RP 500SA 😁

Excuse the mess in the comparison picture side by side to my R-625FA 😅

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
JEM Performance Audio re-built AA Crossovers arrived yesterday:

Reactions: wuzzzer

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an RP-504C that I’ve purchased recently. Man, this thing is big!

I’d like to angle the speaker up so it’s pointing more towards the seating position. Does anyone have any wife-approved ideas on how to do this? I don’t think she’d like the door stop idea and most of the foam I see is too small for this beast of a speaker.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had an Academy center, then went to a KLF C-7 and what they thought of the difference? Also if any one ever used 3 Academy's for a front sound stage and what that was like. I know these are older models but I was just thinking of doing this in my 2nd living room space but I am not sure. Any input would help thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have an RP-504C that I’ve purchased recently. Man, this thing is big!

I’d like to angle the speaker up so it’s pointing more towards the seating position. Does anyone have any wife-approved ideas on how to do this? I don’t think she’d like the door stop idea and most of the foam I see is too small for this beast of a speaker.
Just use some foamboard. Cut at desired angle. Cheap and effective. Or rubber feet in front.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ran the calibration with my new RF7s/RP500SA and with the R625-FA's now as my rear surround. The AVR set my LCR and RP500SA as Large,, so i set them to small and put CO at 80 (recommended). Tested out the MH movie and it sounded amazing, crystal clear no distortion, and it looks like my rears sound louder too than when i used the R-51M's. One thing I did notice though is I was getting somewhat of an echo, which I assume is from the RP500SA's. Currently have them on top of my RF7's (didnt have the wall mounting items yet until tomorrow) but In some scenes i heard the same Echo like sound (atmos) that i experienced when using the R625-FA's.

Is this something to do with the setting on the speaker or would it be more related to my AVR / Reflex Optimizer? Any thoughts or input would be helpful

59761 - 59780 of 59842 Posts