59781 - 59800 of 59842 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
^^^ try again when wall mounted...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ran the calibration with my new RF7s/RP500SA and with the R625-FA's now as my rear surround. The AVR set my LCR and RP500SA as Large,, so i set them to small and put CO at 80 (recommended). Tested out the MH movie and it sounded amazing, crystal clear no distortion, and it looks like my rears sound louder too than when i used the R-51M's. One thing I did notice though is I was getting somewhat of an echo, which I assume is from the RP500SA's. Currently have them on top of my RF7's (didnt have the wall mounting items yet until tomorrow) but In some scenes i heard the same Echo like sound (atmos) that i experienced when using the R625-FA's.

Is this something to do with the setting on the speaker or would it be more related to my AVR / Reflex Optimizer? Any thoughts or input would be helpful
The echo is in the movie mix, the reason speakers should be positioned correctly in a room. To trick your brain (you) into being in what is going on on the screen. Immersion! What this is all about, really.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The echo is in the movie mix, the reason speakers should be positioned correctly in a room. To trick your brain (you) into being in what is going on on the screen. Immersion! What this is all about, really.

That does make sense. I will give it another test today when I am able to mount them correctly on the wall

Reactions: SanchoPanza

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did some more testing on the R25C versus RC-62 II ...
The 62 II I think has more realistic male voices because they sound deeper and better tone but that also makes it a little bit harder to understand than the slightly higher pitched voices of on the R25C. I think that goes for a number of other types of scenes and things that happen on screen. So while the 62 II may be more accurate and technically better I think the R25C is at least in some cases easier to understand.

So now I'm in a pickle haha I like that the larger woofers are more realistic and a better sound stage but perhaps I just grew too used to the higher pitch of the R25C And I might grow used to the 62 II just the same?

My fronts are a pair of JBL Studio 570 Floorstanding speakers. They actually blend rather nicely with the Klipsch line from what I can tell.

I'd still like to test a little more, just having trouble finding good content to test the center vs the others.
While testing the center speaker by itself is likely to show more differences, that's not practical in real life terms so I don't want to focus on that.
This may be my last good chance at upgrading the center speaker affordably so I want to test it properly before making a decision.
Only have a few days left, though ...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been having an issue lately where my speakers let out a very short, very high pitched screech whenever my AVR switches sound modes, i.e., when starting a Blu-ray and the sound changes from Dolby digital to Dolby atmos when going from the main menu of the disc to starting the movie/show. This sound does not ever occur during actual playback of audio. Come to think of it, this only happens when using my series X as a Blu-ray player. Has anyone with a 2020 Denon and or Series X experienced this issue?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I've been having an issue lately where my speakers let out a very short, very high pitched screech whenever my AVR switches sound modes, i.e., when starting a Blu-ray and the sound changes from Dolby digital to Dolby atmos when going from the main menu of the disc to starting the movie/show. This sound does not ever occur during actual playback of audio. Come to think of it, this only happens when using my series X as a Blu-ray player. Has anyone with a 2020 Denon and or Series X experienced this issue?
You would probably get more responses if you post in the Denon or xbox owners threads as it's unlikely a speaker issue.

Reactions: HeisenbergABQ

·
Registered
370 Posts
You would probably get more responses if you post in the Denon or xbox owners threads as it's unlikely a speaker issue.
Yeah, I think you're right. I already tried the Denon thread but I rarely get any responses over there, I've had quite a few issues with my X-3700H. I'll try the Xbox thread next, thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
There are too many postings to go digging through them all, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I just received my R-34C center channel speaker and noticed that the binding posts don't seem to allow for banana plug use for connecting the speaker wire. Can the red/black plastic insert be taken out so that banana plugs can be used?

·
Registered
289 Posts
There are too many postings to go digging through them all, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I just received my R-34C center channel speaker and noticed that the binding posts don't seem to allow for banana plug use for connecting the speaker wire. Can the red/black plastic insert be taken out so that banana plugs can be used?

I believe so, the small little caps should pop out so you can use the plugs, i did the same on my RF7 III's

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,538 Posts

Yes, at least in my experience. It's how I have my Klipsch RP wired, I had to pry them out of most of them, one or two didn't have them for some reason.

·
Registered
479 Posts

They just pop out. But, remember, bare wire always makes for the best signal transfer.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
^^^ while true, it makes for a better opportunity to short out your gear, too...

Reactions: jeep05 and drh3b

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
^^^ while true, it makes for a better opportunity to short out your gear, too...
Yeah, I had a strand of wire touching the chassis of my receiver once. Didn't damage anything, but my receiver would short out at high volumes until I figured it out.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Thanks for the info. It is unfortunate that their manual does not even hint at allowing banana plugs by removing the inserts.

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
Hi. I got these this week and I like them lots. There’s some crazy stuff on here, it’s so fun to see. Here’s a pic from my little loft.

View attachment 3113470
Well thought out system. Quality components while not inexpensive, not crazy money either. Of course, I'd say that, as my system is similar! :D Although, your tv is much nicer than mine. Mine's good, but not topnotch like yours.

Reactions: -dase-
59781 - 59800 of 59842 Posts