AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 59594 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
My Klipsh system consists of RF82's mains, RS62's surounds, RC35 Center, SVS PB2/Plus 2 900watt Subwoofer, which are connected to my Denon AVR-3805 Receiver, and Outlaw 770 Power Amplifier "200watts per chanel, 7 chanels", for my space "Townhouse" this system makes my walls and floor shake, I also use a Klipsch Synergy II Quintet II and a Klipsch KSW 10 Sub hooked into a Onkyo TX DS595 Reciever for my bedroom setup, you can tell I am a Klipsch kind of guy, I just love the Klipsch sound.

·
Banned
516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushisrighton /forum/post/0

Oh I just gotta blow my horn, if you haven't clicked on my link, my items are

6 RF-7's, mains, rears & surround back channels

RC-7 center channel

RF3ii's are pulling duty for my dual surrounds located above my rf-7 surrounds

RB10's for my presence channels

Dual SVS PC-ULTRA's EQ'd with the velodyne sms-1

All channels are driven with Kenwood km-208 amplifiers (pics not up yet)

APC J-15 power conditioner with battery backup

92" tensioned electric draper projection screen

panasonic pt-ae700u projector

yamaha rxv-757 - until HDMI & HDaudio are firmly established

Buttkicker amp & LFE shakers

Wish list is room treatments, wicked amp & for HDaudio to arrive and be worth paying for!

Good god man if your not deaf you must just be nuts (6 RF-7's) Thats gotta be just plain insane if you wont to get loud.

I just replaced a full Polk set up with a pair of RF-35's, a RC-35 center, RS-35's surrounds, & RB-35's surround rears & couldn't be happier. Im powering everything off three Crown amps. A 602 running my fronts, another 602 running my center & IB, & a 402 powering my surrounds. And at the moment just a single RB-35 running off my receiver for the rear center.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Sound System for our small Library HT

Denon 4802R THX Ultra II AVR=>RF-7's/RC-7 up Front with RF-3's (A)/RS-7's (B) Surrounds with RB-75's in the rear. RSW-12 front sub/RSW-15 rear sub.

Sound System for the Bedroom HT

Denon AVR 3805=> RB-75's/RC-7 up Front with RS-3's & Phase Tech 10 sub in a 5.1 configuration.

FWIW, I highly recommend upper end Denons with Klipsch Speakers
. Being able to have 2 sets of side surround speakers means having tremendous options when it comes to Movies Vs. Music.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler /forum/post/0

Sound System for our small Library HT

FWIW, I highly recommend upper end Denons with Klipsch Speakers
. Being able to have 2 sets of side surround speakers means having tremendous options when it comes to Movies Vs. Music.

Yes I too really like this option. I use two sets of side surrounds plus two more on the back wall.

The Grand Carriage Cinema
http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

·
Registered
920 Posts
Granted, i only used a Denon 2805, but I wasn't that imressed with the receiver and the Ref 35's with it in particuliar. Does the Denon 4000 series have an improved sound? The Denon seemed to sound rather flat in my room.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBryant /forum/post/0

Granted, i only used a Denon 2805, but I wasn't that imressed with the receiver and the Ref 35's with it in particuliar. Does the Denon 4000 series have an improved sound? The Denon seemed to sound rather flat in my room.

I have no experience with the 2805 but the AVR-3805 that I have with my Bedroom setup (listed above) is phenomenal and in no way could be described as flat. I have the Denon AVR 3803 driving a Klipsch Legend 5.1 system (KLF-20's/C-/RS-3/KSW-15 sub) in a 1200 sq ft workout room with a drop ceiling and it is more than able to drive that HT without sounding bright (which would be the problem with under-power, imo) much less flat.

I have never heard the RF-35 system described as flat but I feel the 3806(?) (or better yet a used AVR 3803 to 3805 being the best bang for your buck) would be the AVR to go with; IMO, the 4806 would be overkill.

FWIW, I listened to the RF-35 series and thought they sounded good, but I feel the RF-7's/RB-75's/RC-7 a considerable step above. They may be able to be found discounted since they are discontinued, but I wouldn't really count on it. My 2 cents.

{edit: I didn't mean to sound like I was ditsing the RF-35 system, which btw are great speakers at that price point. I also think people should stay in budget--sometimes I get overly excited by my HT's
}

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sony KDP-51WS550 HDTV

Yamaha HTR-5660 AV Receiver

Mitsubishi DD-6040 DVD

Klipsch RF-82 Main

Klipsch RC-62 Center

klipsch RB-61 Back

Working on the sub...

Promedia 4.2 THX in the office.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been very happy with mine!

F-3's for L/R

C-3 for CTR

Sub12

S-2's for surrounds

My rears are JBL's from the "boneyard" right now, but I'll have these changed out soon.

I'm driving these with the Yamaha HTR-5990 currently. This combo has worked very well for me.

Greg

·
Registered
920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler /forum/post/0

I have no experience with the 2805 but the AVR-3805 that I have with my Bedroom setup (listed above) is phenomenal and in no way could be described as flat. I have the Denon AVR 3803 driving a Klipsch Legend 5.1 system (KLF-20's/C-/RS-3/KSW-15 sub) in a 1200 sq ft workout room with a drop ceiling and it is more than able to drive that HT without sounding bright (which would be the problem with under-power, imo) much less flat.

I have never heard the RF-35 system described as flat but I feel the 3806(?) (or better yet a used AVR 3803 to 3805 being the best bang for your buck) would be the AVR to go with; IMO, the 4806 would be overkill.

FWIW, I listened to the RF-35 series and thought they sounded good, but I feel the RF-7's/RB-75's/RC-7 a considerable step above. They may be able to be found discounted since they are discontinued, but I wouldn't really count on it. My 2 cents.

{edit: I didn't mean to sound like I was ditsing the RF-35 system, which btw are great speakers at that price point. I also think people should stay in budget--sometimes I get overly excited by my HT's
}

No, I meant the Denon 2805/RF-35 series was not quite what I was looking for. I then tried an HK 635 and now have a Pio 56txi. The 56txi is a great fit. I just can't do the R-7 series due to their size-WAF. Once the basement is finished off then that is a different story. I had a chance to get a RC-7 for $350 and it was tempting. I am happy with the speakers though. I have a friend with the R-7 series so I get my fill...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seems like the Denon/Klipsch combo works well for others as well...

My System

Denon 3803

Klipsch KSF 8.5 Synergy Tower

Klipsch KSF C5 Center

Klipsch KSF S5 Surrounds

Klipsch KSW-10

Decent sound. Looking to upgrade to reference line and bigger Denon in a year or so with a dedicated theater.

SF

·
Registered
752 Posts
Although I run my La Scala's with a big Onkyo dual mono block amp I do like my denon. The denon's amp section is used to run my center and surrounds and does so very well. As noted above a lot of Klipsch users also run with Denon, must be a reason for it.

Denon AVR 3801 Digital AV Reciever

Onkyo M504 Dual Mono Block Power Amp

Technics DVD A10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD Player

RCA HS10 HD Digital Satellite Reciever

Zinwell Briteview Pro 3000

Mitsubishi HSU-575 Hi Fi VCR

Infocus SP4805 DLP Projector

Draper Luma 106" Diag. 16:9 Screen

Klipsch La Scala's Main Speakers

Klipsch Heresy's Side "A" Surround

Klipsch RSS6 Side "B" Surround

Klipsch SS.5 Back Surround

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Custom Built 3 way Center Speaker utilizing all Klipsch Drivers

·
Registered
920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog /forum/post/0

Although I run my La Scala's with a big Onkyo dual mono block amp I do like my denon. The denon's amp section is used to run my center and surrounds and does so very well. As noted above a lot of Klipsch users also run with Denon, must be a reason for it.

Denon AVR 3801 Digital AV Reciever

Onkyo M504 Dual Mono Block Power Amp

Technics DVD A10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD Player

RCA HS10 HD Digital Satellite Reciever

Zinwell Briteview Pro 3000

Mitsubishi HSU-575 Hi Fi VCR

Infocus SP4805 DLP Projector

Draper Luma 106" Diag. 16:9 Screen

Klipsch La Scala's Main Speakers

Klipsch Heresy's Side "A" Surround

Klipsch RSS6 Side "B" Surround

Klipsch SS.5 Back Surround

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Custom Built 3 way Center Speaker utilizing all Klipsch Drivers

My question was not whether klipsch owners used denon. There are klipsch owners that will attest to every major manufacturer out there.

What I was wondering is in what model there begins to be some real performance. The 2805 did not cut it for me. But with an improved amp section, DAC's, etc, the 4xxx series might. Or is the 3805/6 truly better?

This is just the same as my trying out the Pioneer 1015 with the same speakers. I did not like it at all. Yet I now have the Elite 56txi which I love. You cannot say that all Denon and Klipsch go together. There are distinct differences throughout all the lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the following speakers in storage. In the process of moving and can't wait to set it up in the townhouse

Klipsch Pair RF-83

Klipsch Pair KS-525-THX

Klipsch RC-64 (One heavy center)

For back surround Definitive Tech. Pair of BPVX/P

Velodyne DD-12

And Denon AVR-5805 pumping out the wattage to the speakers

Cable is RAM bi-wire (Yes I click the sponsor link to purchase it )

Now all I need to do is find a center stand thats about 2-3.5 feet high to hold that beast (RC-64)

I love the knife edge look of the RF-83

all in black

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was just going to get a JBL sub, but I ended up with a full set of Klipsch. I had a Best Buy friend make me an offer I couldn't refuse!
I sure don't miss my Bose 301s!

I listen to mostly rock and metal, and they sound great, plus movies have never sounded better. This is definitely just the beginning of an expensive hobby for me!

F3s, F1s, C3, and a SUB12.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Nice HT BikerTrashXB. I too am a fan of having towers all of the way around.

FYI, I experimented with several different heights and came to the conclusion I wanted to keep the side surround's tweeters (which are pretty directional) at the same height as my mains (raised 10 inches). I also tilt my center channel and my 2 back speakers towards my ears--Really works for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok I have to chip in....All my speakers are still in the box and I can barely stand it. I have RF7's , RC7, and RS7's. I was staying with a 5.1 but after reading a lot decided to go with a 7.1 I bought some 5800w's for the rear. I hope they do alright.

I got a great deal on a Rotel1098 pre and will go with a RMB1075 (5x120) for the surrounds and a 1080 (2x200) for the fronts. That will break the bank so to speak......Oh my pj and dvd player are also just sitting around. I will say I am now getting ready to pull my wires and cables then drywall will start. If you haven't guessed I am finishing out my basement...

I got my first pair of Klipschs maybe 10-12 years ago. Quartets. Low on the Klipsch scale but man did I love those speakers. Made me a Klipsch fan for life....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've converted 3 people already after hearing my demo.

My System

Sony DB930 Receiver

Klipsch KSF 8.5 Synergy Tower

Klipsch KSF C5 Center

Klipsch KSF S5 Surrounds

Klipsch KSW-12

Promedia 2.1 (great when compared to pc speakers of same cost)

If you own a 5.1 system of Klipsch reference towers, you should be very happy. You currently own the best "bang for buck" system in the world under $10K.

I.

·
Registered
777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerTrashXB /forum/post/0

I was just going to get a JBL sub, but I ended up with a full set of Klipsch. I had a Best Buy friend make me an offer I couldn't refuse!
I sure don't miss my Bose 301s!

I listen to mostly rock and metal, and they sound great, plus movies have never sounded better. This is definitely just the beginning of an expensive hobby for me!

F3s, F1s, C3, and a SUB12.

Bet the sounds monsterous.Your prolly ready to upgrade the TV.One question though.How come you have F-1's for rears?They look weird especially stacked that high onto a old floor.I would have just purchased the S-1.

41 - 60 of 59594 Posts