AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a Klipsch setup that I got through various sources (CL & Authorized Retailer). I'll be moving this setup from a dedicated movie/gaming room to a living room. The towers have to go (mainly due to space constraints) so I'm looking to get a pair of bookshelf speakers to fit in the space (26" vertical clearance).

Current Setup:
(2x) Klipsch KF-28 Icon Dual 8" Fronts - LOOKING TO REPLACE THESE
RC-52 II Dual 5.25" Reference Center
RW-12D Reference 12" Subwoofer
(2x) RS-52 II Reference Dual 5.25" Rears

I have a budget of about $200 on top of what I can get for my Icon towers (probably $200-$300), so I have $400-$500 to spend. I was thinking of the following:
1. New pair of RB-61 IIs ($349 on Amazon)
2. An open-box pair of RB-81 IIs ($450-$550 street price).
3. I was also considering the new Reference line (R-15M), but it seems like Klipsch started going cheap with the components (R-15M is $249/pair at Bestbuy).
4. The Reference Premiere line seems solid but those jumps up quite a bit in price, RP-160M which retail for $600/pair, with a 6.5" woofer. These are also available at $450/pair used on Amazon.
5. I was also considering another pair of Reference Surround RS-52s (dual 5.25"), but I'm not sure if that would be better or worse as front speakers.

Open to any other suggestions for front speakers, but prefer to stick with Klipsch. I want something that's powerful enough to not be overshadowed by the rest of my setup but at the same time fit in bookshelf space. I was leaning most to option 2 (RB-81) since they have the largest 8" woofer or the RP-160M if I can ever find them on sale (I prefer new, but hate paying MSRP).

Please let me know your thoughts if you own a Klipsch setup with any of these or if you have recommendations on where to buy Klipsch bookshelf speakers at a good deal. See photo attached of living room setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts