AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase this Klipsch/Yamaha system, which I can get for around $630. For awhile, I was looking at HTIB systems and it seems that Onkyo's HD-S6200/7200 is highly regarded around here. For the sake of curiosity how the Onkyo hd-s6200/7200 stack up to the Klipsch/Yamaha system in terms of features and quality, besides having 7.1 and a lesser woofer?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The speakers are a huge improvement over those you would get with the Onkyo.

The reciever is the weak point. the Onkyo's reciever is the high point with their set-ups

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh, and I have a Yammy RX-V665 and it is not a weak point at all. Anyone who says that probably does not realize it has pre-outs, so if you are ever in need of more juice you can add separate amps. However, I do not think you will desire to do so when running those Klipsch, as they are pretty efficient and that system will surprise!!!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theLuvofHD /forum/post/18289696

Oh, and I have a Yammy RX-V665 and it is not a weak point at all. Anyone who says that probably does not realize it has pre-outs, so if you are ever in need of more juice you can add separate amps. However, I do not think you will desire to do so when running those Klipsch, as they are pretty efficient and that system will surprise!!!

Price wise its the Yammy RX-v665 versus the Onkyo tx-sr607

Sorry but the Onkyo has more connectivity and thought to sound better than the rx-v665 thats just the reason why I said it was the weak part when you are compaing the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts