AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested, I will be receiving these tomorrow for review and will place them next to my HT setup (Aperion audio speakers with Outlaw audio receiver) with HTPC to do comparision. I will post my reactions tomorrow night

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I didn't get to write this earlier.

The speakers sound excellent; however, not in a room the size I did my comparison. They did fill up the room with good sound, though. I used a Philips AE sound card using the analog 5.1 outputs. There was a hiss when I turned the volume up all the way. I will shortly test on an Audigy sound card (which I believe will have better s/n output, therefore reducing the hiss). The bass was not as thundering as my 12 inch Aperion Audio, but for it's size it did send out some boom. I plucked in the Star Wars Episode 1 dvd and tested the sound from different parts of the movie.

My conclusion is that a audiophile soundcard would sound exceptional with these speakers in a smaller size room.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This might be important, my friend got a set of the Klipsch 5.1 speakers and he had a steady hissing noise when he turned his speakers up (even when there was nothing playing). Apparently there was a large batch of the 5.1's that had problems, he had them returned and got a new set. I went over and heard them, they work fine and no hissing or static even when cranked to the max. It sounds like you have a defective set, you might want to consider returning them. I believe my friend got his from Axion or something, he went through a lot with them to return em, but in the end it all worked out. GREAT sounding speakers, incredible!

Nazgul

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you want to buy just the surround speakers (no sub), Ubid typically has them on their auction site in both White and Black. The typical price is $29-$39 each (plus shipping).

Look for them listed as "Klipsch, Inc. Quintet 200W Max 2Way Tractrix Horn" under Consumer Electronics.

I don't have a pair, but they have been praised in many reviews.

Scott

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nazgul, I found out it was the sound card. The acoustic edge didn't really have good DAC's and therefore sent out an inferior signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.