AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

After a lengthy thread, I was finally convinced to really search high and low for my first speakers. I've come down to these two choices (after vigorously removing Bose from my list!).

I'd really appreciate it if people chip in regarding the two speaker packs. Energy Take is out of the question because we don't have it here in our country... the two are available outright.

The Klipsch will cost me $430.

The Polk Audio Blackstone TL250 will cost me $488.

Both are without subs I know...

So the question is... Is the price difference worth it for the Polk? Which is the better system? Both system are lacking reviews as of now... so I'd appreciate it if you guys help me with this decision. Thanks!

Details: Room to be filled is 5m x 5m, if I go with Klipsch I'll buy a Klipsch sub and vice versa.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
What's your real budget?

Personaly I'd go with a speaker that can get down to at least 80hz but I understand It may not be in your budget.

Also, I prefer the Polk sound over the Klipsch but that is personal preference. I believe Polk makes a higher level Blackstone satelite with the ring radiator tweeter. That may be worth listening to.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The Polk TL system when combined with a particular Polk subwoofer has a very positive review in the current issue of Sound&Vision magazine. The review may be online by now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

My original budget was to go something below 1k... but I figured in 6-8 months time since I'll be moving elsewhere I'd upgrade anyway.

You guys think I should shoot for a Receiver that's 7.1 right now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts