AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about this System for Home Theater & for Loud Rock Music? My Budget is like $900 tops. I am looking for Powered Speakers that can Play Loud, with Clarity, have an Easy Setup, are easy to move between Rooms. Not looking for audiophile quality but decent quality that is not Tinny & has some good volume & clarity. My Room is about 500 Sq. Ft. Would it be Loud Enough to be Heard over an Acoustic Drumset being played at low to medium volume. Looking to Play Loud Music without Distortion for like 30 minutes at a time so I can play along with my Acoustic Drumset. I have looked at PA Speakers but just don't know if they would be good for Theater Sound because I would be Mostly using the Speakers for Theater or TV Sound. Something like 80% TV Theater Sound & 20% Loud Volume Rock Music. Any Advice would be Helpful. My closest Neighbor is like 400 feet away from me so no need to worry about bugging the Neighbors.

Klipsch R-28PF Powered Floorstanding Speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-28PF-Surround-Powerful-Standing/dp/B0763MRVRG/ref=sr_1_6?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Floorstanding+Speakers&qid=1617226396&refinements=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin:18238267011&s=aht&sr=1-6&ts_id=3236453011

BIC America F12 Subwoofer:

·
Registered
390 Posts
That should work quite well for a completely self-powered system. They're efficient and will get loud. The sub will certainly do the heavy lifting from 30~50hz to round off the curve nicely. That small space will be plenty loud. Looks sharp too.

Very best,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This KLIPSCH R-28PF another great floor standing speaker that was developed by the well known Klipsch. This floor standing speaker has an internal amplifier that eliminates the need for complicated, expensive and external amplifier. It is simple to setup and comes with different varieties of digital, analog and wireless inputs that makes it easier to get connect to any audio sources. It also comes with a built-in phono pre-amp that allows users listen to the audios without additional electronics. All they need to do is to connect the speaker to their turntable and listen to their audio. It is also capable of working with Bluetooth enabled devices and allows users to play audio directly from their devices. It has high frequency amplification with digital crossover that is designed to optimize performance and produce sound without distortion. It also comes with a remote control. It has a Led array that makes it easier to see input display. It has a subwoofer output that improves bass management.

SPECIFICATIONS OF THE KLIPSCH R-28PF
Crossover Frequency
1700 Hz
Power Handling
260W Total System Power (520W Peak)
Frequency Response
33Hz – 20kHz
Recommended Amplifier
N/A
Sensitivity
98 dB
Finish
Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
Impedance
N/A
Dimensions
H: 42″ W: 9.5″ D:15.7″
Included in the Box
  1. 2 x AAA batteries
  2. 3M optical cable
  3. 5M speaker wire and a 4 wire connector
  4. 2M 3.5mm auxiliary cable
  5. 1.8M power cord
Klipsch R-28PF Surround Powerful Floor Standing Home Speaker, Set of 2, Black

$599.00

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
What about this System for Home Theater & for Loud Rock Music? My Budget is like $900 tops. I am looking for Powered Speakers that can Play Loud, with Clarity, have an Easy Setup, are easy to move between Rooms. Not looking for audiophile quality but decent quality that is not Tinny & has some good volume & clarity. My Room is about 500 Sq. Ft. Would it be Loud Enough to be Heard over an Acoustic Drumset being played at low to medium volume. Looking to Play Loud Music without Distortion for like 30 minutes at a time so I can play along with my Acoustic Drumset. I have looked at PA Speakers but just don't know if they would be good for Theater Sound because I would be Mostly using the Speakers for Theater or TV Sound. Something like 80% TV Theater Sound & 20% Loud Volume Rock Music. Any Advice would be Helpful. My closest Neighbor is like 400 feet away from me so no need to worry about bugging the Neighbors.

Klipsch R-28PF Powered Floorstanding Speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-28PF-Surround-Powerful-Standing/dp/B0763MRVRG/ref=sr_1_6?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Floorstanding+Speakers&qid=1617226396&refinements=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin:18238267011&s=aht&sr=1-6&ts_id=3236453011

BIC America F12 Subwoofer:
I would not want that F12 for your 20% music listening, it would be passable for HT boom-boom but for music it would be distastefully muddy and bloated. The Klipsch R line, it has a notoriously "bright" tweeter that causes many people "listening fatigue" after prolonged exposure.

With a $900 budget I'd get a higher quality sub and a higher quality pair of active BOOKSHELF speakers (which have the added benefit of being much easier to move between rooms than towers).

The JBL 308p is $500/pr at regular price (might be $400/pr when on sale once very couple months):

For the sub, I'd get an RSL Speedwoofer 10S:

Both JBL and RSL provide free return shipping, so no risk to try them out.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
Reactions: Deaf-Forever

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No idea they had powed towers for so cheap , hard to beat that price , Klipch fives and sixes are smaller . What cheap powered speakers have the best tweeters??
I’m not sure what I’m that price range is better zzz 💤 😴 ...
Maybe someone more familiar with powered speakers could help ?

·
Registered
3 Posts

This KLIPSCH R-28PF another great floor standing speaker that was developed by the well known Klipsch. This floor standing speaker has an internal amplifier that eliminates the need for complicated, expensive and external amplifier. It is simple to setup and comes with different varieties of digital, analog and wireless inputs that makes it easier to get connect to any audio sources. It also comes with a built-in phono pre-amp that allows users listen to the audios without additional electronics. All they need to do is to connect the speaker to their turntable and listen to their audio. It is also capable of working with Bluetooth enabled devices and allows users to play audio directly from their devices. It has high frequency amplification with digital crossover that is designed to optimize performance and produce sound without distortion. It also comes with a remote control. It has a Led array that makes it easier to see input display. It has a subwoofer output that improves bass management.

SPECIFICATIONS OF THE KLIPSCH R-28PF
Crossover Frequency
1700 Hz
Power Handling
260W Total System Power (520W Peak)
Frequency Response
33Hz – 20kHz
Recommended Amplifier
N/A
Sensitivity
98 dB
Finish
Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
Impedance
N/A
Dimensions
H: 42″ W: 9.5″ D:15.7″
Included in the Box
  1. 2 x AAA batteries
  2. 3M optical cable
  3. 5M speaker wire and a 4 wire connector
  4. 2M 3.5mm auxiliary cable
  5. 1.8M power cord

$599.00
i have the r-28pf powered speakers with the klipsch r-12sw powered subwoofer connected to a behringer geq 3102 ultra graph pro 31 band per channel equalizer with a cheap vacuum tube preamp and i connect it all to my laptop where i stream spotify and tidal and youtube. the speakers have a good amount of power and sound awesome. i dont know where all the negativity surrounding these speakers comes from. for $599 you cant beat it. id put them up to a system cosing twice as much. they are new and i guess the big question is will they last? you can pick up the r-28pf for $599 and i got the klipsch r-12sw 400 watt powered subwoofer at costco for $140.. believe me this system rocks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks sitermaryelephant! Would you happen to know how loud can this System push the Decibel Meter Continuously? Like could it push 105 Decibels for like 10 minutes without blowing up. I would be using it for playing music loud enough so I could play my Acoustic Drumset along with the Speakers. How do you hook up the Equalizer to the Speakers & Sub? Would you happen to have Pics of your P-28F & R-12WSW Sound System? Thanks I really appreciate it so much.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Thanks sitermaryelephant! Would you happen to know how loud can this System push the Decibel Meter Continuously? Like could it push 105 Decibels for like 10 minutes without blowing up. I would be using it for playing music loud enough so I could play my Acoustic Drumset along with the Speakers. How do you hook up the Equalizer to the Speakers & Sub? Would you happen to have Pics of your P-28F & R-12WSW Sound System? Thanks I really appreciate it so much.
Klipsch lists the max output at 114db. That's likely peaks. Also 105db at what distance? The peak output that Klipsch lists is at 1 meter. For example 114db at 1 meter becomes about 104.4 at 3 meters. So unless you sit very close I doubt that they can sustain 105db without a sh!tton of distortion.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Use. Pro. Audio. Gear. For. Pro. Audio. Uses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the sub connects directly to the speakers. then i use the line out/phono output on the back of the speakers to the output of the eq, then the input of the eq to the output of the preamp and the input of the preamp to the desktop computers soundcard/ headphone jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts