AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Center Channel. I am currently running a Denon 2809 with Polk LSi 9's for my left and right channels.

I am trying to decide between the Klipsch RC-52 at $200 versus a Polk LSi C for $360. Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to audition them live.

I have heard great things about the Klipsch center channel.

My questions are:

- Is the Polk worth the extra $160 cost?

- How important is it to match the center channel to the left and right speakers?

Thanks.

· Registered
287 Posts
Do not get Klipsch. Especially if you have LSi9. There is NO way that horn tweeters can match the timbre/character of the Vifa ring tweeter on the Polk.

Your front 3-ch. needs to be from the same maker, and even the same line of speakers. Or else you will have a horrible front stage, uneven integrity of sound.

It is crucial to match the front 3 ch. Or else you will hate yourself. I'm not even kidding. I own LSi15s.

· Registered
664 Posts
The Polk LSi C will no doubt be a better match for your existing front speakers. Although the RC-52 is a great center, I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on swapping out your fronts for Klipsch as well.

· Registered
4,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 /forum/post/16857762

The Polk LSi C will no doubt be a better match for your existing front speakers. Although the RC-52 is a great center, I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on swapping out your fronts for Klipsch as well.

Exactly. The only reason to go Klipsch at this point would be because you planned on swapping out the mains as well to Klipsch soon.

· The Village Idiot
9,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucorion /forum/post/16857703

Hi,

I am trying to decide between the Klipsch RC-52 at $200 versus a Polk LSi C for $360. Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to audition them live.

You might save a few bucks getting the Klipsch center but you won't like the sound match unless you are near deaf.

Go with the advice you've gotten above - get the Polk center.

· Registered
2,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucorion /forum/post/16860867

Thank you all. Based on your feedback, I ordered the Polk last night. Looking forward to trying it out!

That was definitely the better choice. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it when you get it hooked up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.