AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am here looking for some help for the following speakers i am planning on upgrading my current speakers which are the KEF KHT 3005SE to the Klipsch Reference Mk II i have been looking into the RB81 II bookshelf speakers followed by the RC62 and RC64, do you guys know which centre channel would perfectly match the RB81 II for tonal clarity, my main listening habbits are 100% movies. I have looked into the Klipsch 650 THX speakers but i dont clearly have space for these.

Also should i do an LCR sort of speaker placement or would adding an horizontal speaker do? I will add surround channels within the same speaker range later on i just want to make sure that i have choosen the right front spaeakers first.

My system is powered by an onkyo 818.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
RC62 II or RC 52 II would be the right speaker for the center. The RC 64 is huge and would dwarf the RB81s. I would shop around and see if you could get a package with the surrounds. You might be able to get a better price that way. The Reference II line is discontinued and have some good deals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RC62 II or RC 52 II would be the right speaker for the center. The RC 64 is huge and would dwarf the RB81s. I would shop around and see if you could get a package with the surrounds. You might be able to get a better price that way. The Reference II line is discontinued and have some good deals.
Thanks sjm817, for the advice on the centre channel i will go for the RC-62 since you say that the other centre would overpower the RB-81. i'll try and find a package deal on ebay or around the web somewhere i hope there are some out there, if not then i can always buy them individually.
Do you know how they sound? I decided to go around this route to get high efficient speakers for more fuller and lifelike experience and also to drown out people who talk in the room while am watching stuff hahah. Any ideas??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have most of those speakers so cant really say but I like what I have. I have RP-280F, RC-62 II and RB-51 II as the surrounds.
Thanks sjm817 again for helping me right in that case i will follow ur advice and get those speakers that i have mentioned followed by the centre speaker u have told me to get.

Once again thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts