AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read alot about the comparisons and I've heard similar lines by both manuf., just never these exact setups. I'd like your thoughts about these speakers specifically, unless you've got some suggestions on same/better quality at cheaper prices. I like both, but am torn between best performing for 80% movie/20% music. My room is 16'x20'.

I'm considering the following setups for my new 7.1 system driven by a Denon AVR-3312Ci:

Fronts: Def Tech Gem XL

Center: Mythos Seven

4 surrounds: Def Tech Gems

Subwoofer: Def Tech SC 1 or Epik Empire???

OR

Fronts: Klipsch RF-52 II

Center: Klipsch RC-62 II

4 Surrounds: Klipsch RS-52 II

Subwoofer: Def Tech SC 1 or Epik Empire???

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both the Klipsch and the Def Techs sound good to me in different stores. I haven't found a place in Houston that has both I can listen to in the same environment. Given the aesthetics, I'm now starting to lean toward the Klipsch.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I used to own a pair of the RF-82's. I really liked the sound, but I blew the tweeters within 6 months of having them. I wasn't driving them with enough clean power, so if you do get the Klipsch I suggest getting a dedicated amp so you don't run into the distorted power issue I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.