AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm hoping to read opinions from people in the know about speakers and those who've auditioned.

i currently have paradigm studios. i like dvd played loud, - 5 to -10, which will give the most WOW, BANG for the buck, thx ultra 2, 7.1 setup or the reference 7.1 setup(rf7, rc7, rs7)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The reference series will be cheaper in the long run, but these two systems have a totally different sound. The reference series is known for traditional Klipsch efficiency and bright sounding horn. Great for movies, rock and roll and loud music. The THX system is much more refined, warm and smooth. Still great for movies and all types of music. The dealer price for a 5.1 reference system is about $5,000 and the THX is about $7,000.

They were the best sounding system I demoed and I listened to Klipsch reference, THX, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 and Energy Veritas. The Energy's were actually the best speakers, but I felt the Klipsch would be better suited for my dedicated home theater.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually the THX system is a 7.2 and the dealer cost will be around $10,000 for a 7.2. A 7.1 reference system will be about $7,000. More for a 7.2 system.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The RF-7 sysyem has better balance IMO, but the Ultra2 subwoofers are better. The 7s can do an excellent job with both movies and music. The 7s are more of a challenge to set up however.

The best place to ask this question is in the Klipsch forum. The Reference 7 have been around much longer, so more information from users will be available.

Bill

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
i agree, go for the 7s. with 2 subs, you're looking at around the same price for either system, without any discounts.

besides 7s are made in the USA, ultra2 in china. go with USA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.