AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my existing infinity entras to a 5.1 surround sound set-up. I am going to start with 5.1 and soon after go to 7.1. I have been looking at BB and have found two speakers I like. The Klipsch reference series and the Definitive mythos or studio monitors. I haven't listened to either speaker set yet but looking right off the bat I like the how efficient those klipsch speakers are. I have a vsx92txh elite and I don't plan on running an eternal amp for a long time (until my career has taken off) and I can afford to go crazy. Both speaker lines are right about the same cost. Just looking for some opinions or experiences with these speakers. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the rf-82 and rc-62 and have been really pleased. Extremely dynamic for home theater and I am really enjoying the detail in the music.

I have a very "soft" room which mutes some of the brightness these speakers are known for...they sound very crisp but not harsh. I would post in the klipsch owner thread if i were you...you should get pretty good response from people there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You should look at the RF-63 or RF-83 as they are a very significant upgrade in sound quality over the RF-62/82.

More dynamic, tighter percussion and very detailed and neutral sounding.

The RF-83 has a 100 dB/watt efficiency.

That being said, these speakers love power and you will end up playing them louder than you expect.

The reason people usually turn down the volume is due to the high distortion levels that many speakers have, causing loud levels to be unpleasant.

The RF-83/63 are such low distortion speakers that at least in my case, I play them much louder then I expected.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionyz /forum/post/12957050

You should look at the RF-63 or RF-83 as they are a very significant upgrade in sound quality over the RF-62/82.

More dynamic, tighter percussion and very detailed and neutral sounding.

The RF-83 has a 100 dB/watt efficiency.

That being said, these speakers love power and you will end up playing them louder than you expect.

The reason people usually turn down the volume is due to the high distortion levels that many speakers have, causing loud levels to be unpleasant.

The RF-83/63 are such low distortion speakers that at least in my case, I play them much louder then I expected.

Wow 100db now that is efficient. I will take a look at those. I am going to check out the Defteks too. I really like the way they look, hopefully they sound as good as they look. I am looking for bookshelf speakers so those RF-63 and 83's won't work. I was looking at the RB-51's, RC52's, RS42's, and the RW10 for the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts